The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall lead and coordinate with the Government Office, the Ministry of Justice and other relevant ministries and agencies to collect opinions of the Cabinet members, correct and improve the draft Law with a view to remove barriers and facilitate tourism development into a spearhead economic sector, while ensuring State governance requirements of tourism, and report to the Prime Minister before submitting to the National Assembly.
2. Regarding the draft Law amending and supplementing to the Law on Investment
The Government unanimously agreed with the objectives, the development point of view and the scope of modification and supplement of the Law as proposed by the Ministry of Planning and Investment in order to continue developing an investment environment of transparency, equality, and trust for the people and enterprises, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of State management of in investment and business activities.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Government Office, other related ministries and agencies, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Viet Nam and Business Associations to continue to conduct general review, agree on amendment and supplement contents of the Bill and ensure the feasibility and legal capacity to essentially address the problems and barriers to investment, business activities and State management requirements; simultaneously assess and justify the necessity of conditional business lines as a foundation to develop and improve the List of conditional investment and business lines.
The Ministry of Justice shall urgently evaluate the draft Law and provide recommendations for the Ministry of Investment and Planning to review and revise the draft Law and report to the Prime Minister before September 10, 2016 and send out for comments of the Cabinet members as prescribed by law.
3. Regarding the draft Law on Supporting Small and Medium Enterprises
The Government requested the Ministry of Planning and Investment to review and collect comments of the Cabinet members, revise the draft Law, identify the scope of support, and ensure the feasibility and suitability to market principles while concentrating on solving practical problems. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall report to the Prime Minister of the draft Law in September 2016.
4. Regarding the draft Ordinance on Court Charges and Court Fees
The Ministry of Finance shall coordinate with the Government Office, relevant ministries and agencies to collect opinions of the Cabinet members and revise the draft Ordinance. The Minister of Finance, authorized by the Prime Minister, on behalf of the Government, shall submit the draft Ordinance to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly.
5. Regarding the draft Decree of the Government promulgating working regulations of the Government
The Government Office shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice to collect comments of the Cabinet members, improve the draft Decree promulgating working regulations of the Government, and submit to the Prime Minister for review and signing in September 2016.
6. Regarding the examination of the implementation of the tasks, conclusions and directions delegated by the Government and the Prime Minister
The Government recognized and highly valued the primary examination results of the Working Group of the Prime Minister. Via examination, administrative order and disciplines have been gradually improved with spillover effects and positive changes in organizing the implementation of assigned tasks and work in ministries, agencies and localities.
The Government requested ministries to correct their activities and withdraw lessons learned about the shortcomings and limitations mentioned in the report of the Working Group; urgently fulfill the assigned tasks overdue; regularly review assigned tasks to organize the implementation on time.
The Government Office shall supervise, monitor, and examine the implementation progress of the tasks, conclusions and directions assigned by the Government and the Prime Minister to ministries, agencies and localities; clarify the causes and responsibilities in specific cases of late implementation, report to the Government at the Government’s monthly meetings and publicize information on the Government’s e-Portal.
The Working Group of the Prime Minister, within their scope of assigned responsibilities and tasks, shall develop a plan to examine a number of ministries and localities and provide regular reports to the Prime Minister of implementation issues for remedies.
7. Regarding the socio-economic situation in August and the first eight months of 2016; implementation progress of the Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 7, 2016 of the Government on major tasks and solutions to direct and execute the Plan on socio-economic development and State budget plan in 2016
The Government unanimously agreed that: The socio-economic situation continued to record many achievements. Macro-economy remained stable; inflation was kept under control; the monetary and credit balances were guaranteed in principle; interest rates, exchange rates and foreign currency market were stable, foreign exchange reserves increased. Stock market observed positive changes. Import and export balance was maintained and trade surplus continued to be recorded, while exports of agricultural, forestry and fisheries increased significantly. Industrial production observed growth, especially in processing and manufacturing industry. Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflow continued to soar. The number of newly established enterprises increased. The areas of education and training, labor, employment, social security, social welfare, public healthcare and protection and other social sectors received full attention. The business environment was improved; according to the World Bank (WB), Viet Nam’s index on starting a business, getting electricity, getting credit and paying tax improved in ranking. The remediation direction of consequences of natural disasters was concentrated on. National defense, political security and social order were guaranteed. Foreign affairs also achieved positive results.
However, the country still faced numerous difficulties and challenges. Public debt remained high, bad debt settlement was slow. Exports did not observe many improvements, exports of processed goods grew slightly, in which exports to the ASEAN region fell sharply. The quality of human resources did not meet demand. Scientific and technological applications remained limited. Violations of regulations on food safety were of people’s concern. Smuggling and trade fraud were complicated. Large areas of forests were burned and cleared. The number of traffic death toll was high. The life of people in mountainous areas, ethnic minority and disaster areas, environmentally contaminated areas, remote areas remained difficult.
To create clear improvement in economic growth in the final months of 2016, the Government required each ministry, agency and locality to focus on providing proper assessment of the actual situation, setting out effective measures, taking resolute actions and being consistent in the implementation of strategies and policies, determined not to change the targets; enhance the confidence of enterprises, investors and the people in government policy; focus on overcoming difficulties, creating favorable conditions to promote production; promote commerce to open up all social resources, stimulate entrepreneurship and enterprise development; strive to reach the highest results in realizing targets and tasks set out; in which focus on the following key tasks:
- Ministers, Heads of Ministerial-level agencies, Presidents of provincial People's Committees shall strictly implement the tasks and measures set forth in the Resolutions of the Government, the directing documents of the Government and the Prime Minister, regularly examine the implementation progress and held accountability directly before the Government and the Prime Minister on implementation results. Continue to direct the drastic reform of administrative procedures associated with e-government development. Renovate and publicize processes, procedures and conditions for doing business. Strengthen accountability of administrative agencies and heads of these agencies. Immediately set up a channel to listen to feedbacks of the people and enterprises for timely collection of comments and provision of best services for citizens and enterprises.
- Sector and area governing ministries shall drastically implement measures to ensure growth rate of each sector and each area; actively monitor the situation, focus on removing difficulties, timely handling inadequacies of governed sectors and areas, and report to competent authorities for review and decision. Accelerate the equitization and divestment of State capital in State-owned enterprises, especially large enterprises; list companies on the stock market before divesting their State-owned capital following market mechanisms, ensure openness and transparency and prevent against State capital losses.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall fulfill its general policy coordination functions of the Government. The Minister of Planning and Investment shall organize periodic meetings and coordinate closely with ministers to timely propose solutions to promote growth for each sector and area, ensure synchronous and efficient operation of the whole economy. Expeditiously complete the Program on economic restructuring associated with growth model innovation in the 2016 - 2020 period. Coordinate with relevant ministries and agencies to develop a national entrepreneurship program. Lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training and the Ministry of Finance to review and allocate a portion of Government bonds for the 2017 - 2020 period to solidify preschool and elementary classrooms. In short-term, give priority to ethnic minority areas, remote areas, and report to the Prime Minister and National Assembly agencies. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall promote specific measures to overcome difficulties to achieve growth targets at all levels, departments, localities, economic groups and corporations.
- The State Bank of Viet Nam shall continue to manage monetary policy in close coordination with fiscal policy actively and flexibly, control inflation and stabilize the value of the Vietnamese dong. Promptly finalize the Scheme to restructure credit institutions and bad debts in the 2016 - 2020 period, and report to the Government report with specific solutions to resolve bad debts substantially. Assess and analyze credit structure and quality to actively develop appropriate governance solutions.
- The Ministry of Finance shall drastically direct to prevent tax losses, tax arrears, and increase State budget revenues. Evaluate the effectiveness of tax incentives. Disclose tax payment information of large enterprises, including foreign-invested enterprises. Coordinate with relevant ministries, agencies and localities to accelerate the disbursement progress of investment capital, avoid concentration of payment at the end of the year.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall develop better solutions to promote industrial growth; closely monitors developments of world crude oil prices, direct to adjust exploitation plan appropriately. Promptly report to the Prime Minister in September 2016 solutions to resolve coal inventories. Foster trade promotion, search and expansion of export market. Direct to ensure adequate supply of goods at the end of the year. Coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to effectively implement measures to promote export of agricultural commodities.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall focus on accelerating the restructuring of agriculture and rural economic development associated with building new countryside. Coordinate closely with localities to restructure crops and livestock. Foster attracting high-tech enterprises to invest in the production of agricultural commodities with high potential, advantages, and high value added. Develop a system of agricultural market information. Direct the production of Summer-Autumn, Autumn-Winter and seasonal crops of the whole country. Promote aquaculture. Strengthen quality control of plant varieties, animal breeds, fertilizers and animal feed. Control cattle and poultry smuggling to protect domestic production and prevent diseases. Coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to actively and promptly prevent, combat and overcome consequences of natural disasters.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Industry and Trade to improve the efficiency of tourism promotion and marketing through representative offices of Viet Nam in foreign countries. Develop specific plans and measures to overcome the deficiencies and shortcomings in state management over tourism over the past few years, and report to the Prime Minister in September 2016.
- The Ministry of Transportation shall report to the Prime Minister in September 2016 about the North-South expressway construction project, the Tan Son Nhat airport expansion project, and implementation progress of the Project on building Long Thanh international airport. Urgently select and complete procedures to launch a number of major transportation projects; have solutions in investment management and exploitation of seaports while ensuring effectiveness.
- The Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs shall lead and coordinate with agencies and localities to continue to implement social assistance policies, preferential policies for people with meritorious services to the revolution, policies on poverty reduction and ensuring social security. Develop a plan to expand labor export market with long-term vision to ensure labor supply to the international market, especially when Vietnam participates in new-generation free trade agreements.
- The Ministry of Health shall proactively develop plans to prevent seasonal epidemics; focus on directing to control diseases with high infection potential in rainy season. Continue to improve the quality of examination and treatment services; strictly punish and criticize irresponsible medical staff. Develop in-home care models in examination and treatment services to serve the people. Coordinate with the relevant authorities to strengthen inspection and examination and strictly handle violations of food safety; rapidly announce the level of safety of seafood in 04 central provinces affected by the sea environment incident.
- The Ministry of Education and Training shall prepare the conditions for the new school year 2016 - 2017. Implement the credit preferential policy for pupils, poor students, policy-favored families; not to make it impossible for pupils and students to attend school for lack of school fees. Promote university autonomy. Coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Finance to propose plans to balance capital (with attention to utilize loans, including ODA) to build and upgrade a number of key public universities, cutting-edge engineering and technologies, and report to the Prime Minister.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall continue raising the quality of weather forecasts. Strictly implement the instruction of the Prime Minister at the Online National Conference on Environmental Protection. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment and the People's Committee of Ha Tinh province shall urgently clarify the responsibilities of parties involved in the case of the Hung Nghiep Formosa Ha Tinh Steel Company Ltd. discharging and polluting the marine environment.
- The Steering Committee for overcoming consequences of the marine environment incident in the Central Region shall focus on supporting localities having polluted marine environment to restore production on the basis of openness and fairness, ensuring provision of support to the right audience in due time, implement advocacy measures to help the people understand policies and solutions of the Party and the State.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs shall propose breakthrough solutions and mechanisms in the recruitment, evaluation and use of cadres and civil servants; resolutely dismiss cadres and civil servants who do not meet duty requirements; show the determination to build an apparatus of qualified civil servants; downsize and improve the quality of public service enforcement in alignment with job placement schemes. Continue to study and assess models on public administrative centers and report to the Prime Minister. Lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to propose concrete solutions to promote autonomy in public service units in terms of organization, staffing and job placement.
- The Ministry of Defense shall lead and coordinate with agencies and localities to closely monitor developments and the situation in the East Sea to proactively have appropriate and promptly response plan. Review and examine training and education contents and methods of air traffic control to ensure compliance with requirements of aeronautical engineering; ensure safety in the use of military vehicles, weapons, and ammunition in training and performance of tasks.
- The Ministry of Public Security shall coordinate with agencies and localities to continue to maintain political security, social order and safety; closely monitor to supervise the situation and actively implement measures to timely prevent, fight and avoid anti-state activities, provocation of disruptive activities; strengthen the fight, repression and strict and timely handling of crimes. Develop a personnel plan on full-time commune police in balance with the current police force staffing, and report to the Prime Minister and the National Assembly Standing Committee.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall implement the Action Plan of the 29th Diplomatic Conference. Study international experience in solving economic development problems, propose and report to the Government and the Prime Minister.
- The Ministry of Information and Communications shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Public Security to strengthen Internet safety and security. The Ministry of Information and Communications shall fully fulfill its State function of information management, promote information and communication to create confidence and excitement among the people. Ministries and agencies, according to their functions and tasks, shall provide information, actively direct public opinions, and promote openness and transparency in policy and administration; direct to reinforce information security for critical information systems that can affect public interests of the society and the country's image; timely coordinate with relevant authorities to address information security incidents in unrecoverable situations.
- People's Committees of provinces and centrally-governed cities shall strengthen the study and application of best practices and breakthrough and innovative models in socio-economic development. The People's Committees of Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City shall direct the inspection and development of plans to prevent and combat flooding for the cities in a more effective way.
- Ministries, agencies and localities shall strengthen the prevention of corruption and strictly handle violations, harassment. Strictly implement the Directive of the Prime Minister on enhancing the detection and handling of corruption incidents and cases; provide timely encouragement and rewards and protect the safety for the people who detect and report corrupt acts; strictly handle abuse against anti-corruption activities to make defamatory statements and false accusations. Perform thrift practice and waste combat in the State administrative system and the whole society.
- Ministries and agencies shall urgently complete their programs and report to the Party Central Committee as assigned by the National Assembly to ensure the program quality and progress.
8. Regarding the implementation progress of the Resolution No. 60/NQ-CP dated July 8, 2016 of the Government on the major tasks and measures to accelerate the progress of public investment disbursement in 2016
The Government unanimously agreed with the recommendations and proposals of the Ministry of Planning and Investment in the Report No. 6757/BC-BKH dated August 29, 2016, which required ministries, central agencies and localities to focus on performing the following key tasks:
- Urgently review and report to the Ministry of Planning and Investment before September 10, 2016 about the possibility to disburse in 2016 the capital from Government bonds by January 31, 2017, foreign capital from central budget in 2016 and capital from Government bonds extended from 2015 to 2016 by December 31, 2016.
- Before 25th of every month, ministries, central agencies and localities shall report on the disbursement progress of the public investment plan in 2016 by 20th of the reporting month, submit to the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Finance following templates and forms prescribed in the Official Letter No. 6102/BKH-TH dated August 5, 2016 of the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- Ministries assigned to lead target programs pursuant to the Resolution No. 73/NQ-CP dated August 26, 2016 of the Government shall approve investment orientation of the target programs in the 2016-2020 period, urgently complete the feasibility study report of the target programs for evaluation and submission to the Prime Minister for decision following the deadline stipulated under the Resolution No. 60/NQ-CP dated July 8, 2016.
9. Regarding the draft Report on the socio-economic situation in 2016 and socio- economic development plan in 2017; the draft Assessment report on the implementation progress of the State budget in 2016 and the State budget plan in 2017
The Ministries of Planning and Investment and Finance shall collect opinions of the Cabinet members, consolidate data and indicators of the socio-economic development plan and State budget plan in 2017, strictly following the principles on macroeconomic security, maintaining public debt within the permissible limit, promoting the market economy; report to the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Ministers before submitting to the competent authorities as prescribed.
10. Regarding the situation, solutions on effective and thrift management and use of public assets
In principle, the Government unanimously agreed with the Report of the Ministry of Finance. The management and use of public assets have gradually come into order; the sense of responsibility of all levels, departments, agencies, organizations and units has been improved; utilization and exploitation efficiency of assets has received full attention. However, the management and use of public assets remain ineffective, inadequate, in many cases, losses and waste still occur especially for land, office buildings, cars. To effectively and thriftily manage and use public assets in the near future, the Government requested:
- The Ministry of Finance shall urgently submit to the Prime Minister to issue a Directive on strengthening the management of public assets; a Program on State financial reporting in accordance with the Law on Accounting (revised) 2015. Continue to improve the national database of public property to update and fully manage all types of assets in accordance with the law. Improve the legal framework on management and use of public assets, to create a solid legal basis for the management, use and exploitation of financial resources from public property. Focus on developing the Law on Management and Use of State Property (revised), ensuring to strictly and effectively manage all types of public property by law. Improve the system of standards, norms and mechanisms on management and use of public property. Urgently submit to the Prime Minister for amendment and supplement to a number of contents of the Decision No. 32/2015/QD-TTg dated August 4, 2015 and Decision No. 58/2015/QD-TTg dated November 17, 2015.
- Ministries, agencies and local authorities assigned to manage the use of public property shall take responsibility for strictly and fully enforcing legal provisions on management and use of public assets, ensuring effective and efficient use of public property, especially land and natural resources.
11. Regarding the proposal on amendment and supplement to Decree No. 73/2012/ND-CP dated September 26, 2012 of the Government
The Government unanimously agreed with the decision to amend and supplement a number of contents of the Decree No. 73/2012/ND-CP dated September 26, 2012 of the Government promulgating the foreign cooperation and investment in education as reported by the Ministry of Education and Training at the meeting.
The Ministry of Education and Training shall urgently conduct general review and develop a draft Decree amending and supplementing the Decree No. 73/2012/ND-CP of the Government. Guide instructional content required in international schools participated by Vietnamese students to ensure to preserve and promote moral, historical values and qualities of the Vietnamese people.
12. Regarding adjustments to scope and name of the Program on "the Overall strategy to develop the domestic market to 2025, with a vision to 2035"; submission deadline of the Program to "Reorganize the domestic market and border trade markets, promote the Program the Vietnamese people giving priority to using Vietnamese products”
The Government unanimously agreed with the proposal of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the adjustments to the scope and name of the Program on "the Overall strategy to develop the domestic market to 2025, with a vision to 2035" to "the Overall strategy on domestic commercial development to 2025, with a vision to 2035"; submit to the Government the Program to "Reorganize the domestic market and border trade markets, promote the Program the Vietnamese people giving priority to using Vietnamese products” in the fourth quarter of 2016.
13. Regarding the Program to "Effectively implement the international integration process, sustain socio-political stability when Viet Nam joins new-generation free trade agreements, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the ASEAN Economic Community"
In principle, the Government unanimously agreed with the content of the Program and proposed and recommend the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to state this in the Report No. 1892/BC-BNG-VP-m dated August 30, 2016.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall review and collect opinions of the Cabinet members, improve the Program, and report to the Prime Minister before submitting to the Political Bureau and the Party Central Committee as prescribed by law.
14. Regarding the State agency managing vocational education
The Government unanimously agreed to assign the Ministry of Labor-Invalids and Social Affairs to be State agency managing vocational education. The Ministry of Education and Training shall be a State agency managing teacher training universities and colleges. The Ministry of Labor-Invalids and Social Affairs shall cooperate with other ministries and agencies directly managing vocational training schools and colleges to urgently direct the implementation and promotion of autonomy in vocational training system to rapidly reduce administrative interference of governing ministries and provincial people's Committees.
The Ministry of Labor-Invalids and Social Affairs shall promptly finalize the draft Decree on conditions on investment and activities in vocational education sector.
The Ministry of Education and Training shall promptly finalize the draft Decree on conditions on investment and activities in education sector.
15. Regarding the draft Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Penal Code 2015
The Ministry of Justice shall lead and coordinate with the Government Office, relevant ministries and agencies to collect opinions of the Cabinet members to revise and improve the draft Law, and report to the Prime Minister before submitting to the National Assembly, ensure submission progress with sufficient time for the Standing Committee of the National Assembly to review and provide comments at the meeting in October 2016.
16. Regarding the draft Law on Anti-corruption (revised)
The Government Inspectorate shall lead and coordinate with the Government Office, the Ministry of Justice and relevant ministries and agencies to collect opinions of the Cabinet members to revise and improve the draft Law, and report to the Prime Minister before submitting to the National Assembly./.