1. Regarding the promulgation of documents detailing the implementation of the Law on Investment, the Law on Enterprises and new laws in force from July 1, 2016
The Government identified institutional development and improvement as one of the key tasks of the Government. Over the past time, ministries and agencies have strived to focus on improving quality and accelerating the development and promulgation of documents detailing laws and ordinances. However, the number of documents that were not issued in due time remained quite large. To further fortify the development and promulgation of detailing documents to ensure progress, quality and resolve backlogs of documents, the Government requested that:
- Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies shall pay special attention to and directly supervise and direct institutional development and improvement, strictly follow the spirit of the Government stated in the Resolution No. 19-2016/NQ-CP dated April 28, 2016 on the key tasks and solutions to improve business environment, enhance national competitiveness in two years 2016 - 2017 and the Resolution No. 35/NQ-CP dated May 16, 2016 to support and develop enterprises by 2020, be determined to eliminate redundant regulations on investment and business conditions, remove unreasonable sublicenses, avoid establishing new rules that make it difficult for investment and business activities so that regulations on investment conditions should be clear, transparent and easy to implement, streamline pre-inspection process and strengthen post-inspection process to create favorable conditions for the people and enterprises to invest in production and business and create motivation for development.
- Ministries and agencies in charge of drafting legal documents shall focus their resources and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Government Office in the comment gathering process, evaluation, inspection and finalization of draft legal documents, update and publicize draft legal documents on e-portals to consult with the people, coordinate with the Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry to collect opinions of enterprises in time to improve legal documents, and urgently submit to the Government draft Decrees that haven’t been issued as assigned in June 2016 according to the shortened order and procedure.
- The Ministry of Justice shall accelerate the evaluation and ensure quality of legal documents, and coordinate with the Government Office for closely follow-up and involvement from the development stage of legal documents, accelerate and inspect the process directly to promptly remove difficulties and obstacles in the drafting process.
- The Government Office shall regularly monitor and supervise agencies and ministries drafting legal documents to accelerate the development process, preside and coordinate with other ministries and agencies to resolve problems that receive many contrary opinions, finalize legal drafts before submitting them to the Government and the Prime Minister, focus on cutting down inspection time, closely coordinate with ministries and agencies to gather comments of Cabinet members, and finalize legal drafts and submit to the Government in the shortest time.
The Government unanimously agreed to: organize a thematic Government meeting on legal document development in June 2016 to review and approve draft Decrees on investment and business conditions that were developed in accordance with the shortened order and procedure on business investment under the Law on Investment and the Law on Enterprises, and report to the Government for issuance of these above mentioned Decrees on July 1, 2016.
2. Regarding the application of the Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents in 2008 for bills and draft legal documents that were included in the 2016 and 2017 Law and Ordinance-Making Programs, the Work Program of the Government and the Prime Minister in 2016, and the Resolution-Making Program of provincial People’s Councils in 2016
The Government unanimously agreed that: For draft laws and resolutions of the National Assembly, draft ordinances and resolutions of the National Assembly Standing Committee that had been proposed by the Government to be included in the 2016 and 2017 Law and Ordinance-Making Programs of the National Assembly, draft decrees that had been included in the Work Program of the Government in 2016 in accordance with the Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents in 2008, and draft resolutions of provincial People's Councils that had been included in Resolution-Making Program in 2016 in accordance with the Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents of the People's Council and People's Committee in 2004, it is not necessary to perform additional order and procedures prescribed by the Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents in 2015.
3. Regarding the draft Law on Irrigation
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Government Office, and other relevant ministries and agencies to collect comments of the Government to finalize the draft Law and report to the Prime Minister before submitting to the National Assembly.
4. Regarding the draft Ordinance on Plant Varieties (revised) and the draft Ordinance on Livestock Breed (revised)
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Government Office and other relevant ministries and agencies to collect comments of the Government to finalize the draft Ordinances and report to the Prime Minister before submitting to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly.
5. Regarding the Program on the "Roadmap for liberalization of capital transactions of Viet Nam"
In principle, the Government unanimously agreed with the Program proposed by the State Bank of Viet Nam. The Government assigned the State Bank of Viet Nam to lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Government Office and other relevant ministries and agencies to collect comments of the Government to finalize the Program and the draft Decision approving the Program and submit to the Prime Minister for signing.
6. Regarding the performance of the Price Steering Committee in 2015 and the first 4 months of 2016, price management direction in 2016 and price control measures for milk for children under six years old
In principle, the Government unanimously agreed with the performance report of the Price Steering Committee. To help stabilize the market, realize the objective to control inflation in the last months of 2016, the Government agreed to continue measures on stabilization of milk prices for children under six years old in accordance with the Resolution No. 33/NQ-CP dated April 30, 2015 while requesting:
- Ministries, agencies and localities to continue close coordination and effective implementation of measures to manage and control prices of essential goods and services, focus on ensuring the balance between supply and demand for goods, make accurate forecast, actively develop commodity price management scenarios, especially prices of essential commodities, carefully evaluate impact of price adjustments and propose recommendations on appropriate price management mechanisms, promote communication and dissemination of information to avoid price fluctuations due to psychological factors.
- The Ministry of Finance to continue to fortify its state management functions in relation to prices, closely coordinate with the specialized management ministries in managing prices of specialized goods and services, review the situation and draw up a plan to control prices of essential commodities of ministries and agencies and report to the Price Steering Committee as stipulated, coordinate with the provincial People's Committees in the management of local prices, chair and coordinate with the Ministry of Health and the Viet Nam Social Insurance Agency to urgently submit to the Prime Minister a plan on centralized procurement of drugs paid for by health insurance bodies.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade to lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance and other relevant agencies to continue to manage petroleum price in accordance with market-based mechanisms as regulated in the Decree No. 83/2014/ND-CP dated September 3, 2014 of the Government on petrol and oil trading, develop price management scenarios based on fluctuations of the global oil prices, effectively utilize the national fuel price stabilization fund to contribute to the goals on inflation control and market stabilization, direct the Viet Nam Electricity Group (EVN) to strengthen the implementation of solutions to reduce production and trading costs, stabilize retail prices of electricity in 2016, avoid establishing a national power price stabilization fund, actively develop a plan on electricity price adjustment according to market mechanisms with an appropriate roadmap, coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to appropriately manage sugar imports and follow the direction of the Prime Minister. In the short term, allow an additional of 100,000 tons of sugar imports to stabilize the market while paying attention to protecting and developing domestic production.
- The Ministry of Education and Training to lead and coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to manage tuition following market principles, promote innovative public service units, in 2016, develop an appropriate roadmap, avoid adjusting tuition at the same time with adjusting prices of medical services to limit irregular impact on consumer prices.
- The Ministry of Health to lead and coordinate with local authorities to develop an appropriate roadmap and plan to adjust health care prices, avoid adjusting prices in 63 provinces and cities at the same time while ensuring that health care prices are adjusted in accordance with health care quality.
- The Ministry of Transport to avoid increasing road traffic charges in 2016, review and evaluate BOT infrastructure investment projects and report to the Prime Minister, proactively study and develop road use charging fees of roads of BOT projects in line with the current road use charges.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to develop a plan on temporary storage of salt to support salt consumption, closely monitor domestic and global rice market prices to promptly propose appropriate management plans.
7. Regarding the handling of problems in payment of capital investment of projects under the National Target Programs, the sustainable forest development target program and projects in poor rural districts and districts with high poverty rate
The extension of implementation and payment periods of investment capital from the State Budget and the Government bonds in 2016 and for the projects under the National Target Programs, forest protection and development projects, and projects in poor rural districts shall comply with the Law on Public Investment and Articles 2 and 3 of the Decree No. 77/2015/ND-CP dated September 10, 2015 of the Government on the medium-term and annual Public Investment Plan.
The Ministry of Finance shall urgently report to the Prime Minister before June 15, 2016 of the disbursement progress against the investment plan of the State Budget and the Government bonds and local governments bonds, capital from earnings retained for investment that had not been put into the State budget balance of ministries, central agencies and localities in 2015 for timely handling of problems in the payment of capital of investment projects under those programs.
The Ministry shall provide quarter, bi-annual and annual reports on disbursement results in accordance with the Law on Public Investment and Column 2 of Article 48 of the Decree No. 77/2015/ND-CP dated September 10 of the Government.
8. Regarding the Report on the State Budget in 2014
The Government unanimously agreed with the Report on State Budget in 2014 submitted by the Ministry of Finance. The Ministry of Finance shall collect comments of the Government to complete the Report. The Minister of Finance, authorized by the Prime Minister, on behalf of the Government, shall report to the National Assembly.
9. Regarding the socio-economic situation in March and the first five months of 2016; the implementation progress of the Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP on the key tasks and solutions to direct and execute the implementation of the Plan on socio-economic development and State budget plan in 2016
The Government unanimously agreed that: In the first five months of the year, macro-economy remained stable and inflation was under control. Foreign currency reserves increased significantly; lending rates generally tended to decrease; credit grew; exchange rates and foreign exchange market remained stable. Attraction of foreign direct investment (FDI) continued to achieve positive results, FDI commitment and disbursement increased over the same period. Fields including labor, employment, social security, social welfare and other social fields received full attention and achieved many results. Political security and social order and safety were guaranteed. The election of deputies to the 14th National Assembly and the People's Councils at all levels for the 2016 - 2021 tenure took place in an environment of absolute safety. External activities achieved many important results and the position of Viet Nam in the international arena was heightened.
However, the country still faced many difficulties and challenges in the first five months. The macro-economy was stabilized but remained unsustainable; rising inflation risk was still looming; export growth was low. Economic growth was negatively affected by unfavorable changes of weather, climate change and the impact of the marine environment. Agricultural production still faced numerous difficulties. Industrial production recovered at a slow pace. The number of enterprises shutting down and declaring bankruptcy was higher than last year. The number of serious traffic accidents in May 2016 increased over the same period last year. Forest fires and deforestation increased. Residents in areas of natural disasters, droughts, saltwater intrusion, and the areas affected by marine environment incidents faced many difficulties. The East Sea issue became more complicated.
The Government requested ministries, agencies and localities not to be subjective and underestimate their management role, focus on overcoming difficulties and challenges, be determined not to adjust the set goals, strive to achieve their objectives, stay proactive and innovative in deployment of tasks and solutions stated in the Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 07, 2016 on the key tasks and solutions to direct and execute the implementation of the Plan on socio-economic development and State budget plan in 2016, the Resolution No. 19-2016/NQ-CP date April 28, 2016 on the key tasks and solutions to improve the business environment and enhance national competitiveness in two years from 2016 to 2017, and orientations to 2020, the Resolution No. 35/NQ-CP dated May 16, 2016 to support and develop enterprises by 2020 and Resolutions of the Government's regular meetings, in which focusing on implementing some of the following key tasks:
- The State Bank of Viet Nam shall closely monitor macro-economic developments, domestic and global currency markets, actively and flexibly regulate monetary and credit policy, attaching to targets on inflation control, and thereby reducing lending rates, steer credit to priority areas, create favorable conditions for capital access, study and implement appropriate measures to manage the foreign exchange market, gold market, ensuring the objectives of macro-economic stability, supporting economic growth, in line with the policy against the gold and dollarization of the Government.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance to propose specific solutions to remove difficulties, accelerate the disbursement of official development assistance (ODA), FDI, capital from government bonds and investment capital from the State budget, and report to the Prime Minister in June 2016; urgently review plans to adjust the Government bond plan in the 2014 – 2016 period based on the remaining capital from expansion projects on National Highway 1A and Highway 14, and report to the Prime Minister.
The Ministry shall also report to the Prime Minister the difficulties and obstacles in the implementation of the public investment plan in 2016 and propose solutions to remove these difficulties, chair and coordinate with the State Bank of Viet Nam and the Ministry of Finance to evaluate and propose measures to enhance the mobilization of social resources for development investment and report to the Prime Minister in the third quarter of 2016, expeditiously complete and submit to the Prime Minister to issue a Decision replacing the Decision No. 37/2014/QD-TTg dated June 18, 2014 promulgating criteria lists for classification of State owned enterprises in June 2016.
- Ministries and agencies, which are in charge of drafting restructuring schemes including the Scheme on agricultural restructuring associated with building new rural areas, cooperative economy and climate change, the Scheme to restructure the system of credit institutions and bad debts in the 2016 - 2020 period, the Scheme to restructure the State budget spending and public debts, the Scheme to restructure State-owned enterprises, the Scheme to restructure business units, the Medium-Term Financial and Budgetary Plan in the 2016 – 2020 period, the Medium-Term Public Investment Plan in the 2016 – 2020 period, shall urgently develop and define deadlines for submission of the schemes to the competent authorities for promulgation.
- Ministries leading National Target Programs shall expeditiously provide guidance to localities on the key contents of the programs as foundation for capital deployment plans in 2016 to projects under these National Target Programs.
- The Ministry of Finance shall direct the effective implementation of financial and budgetary tasks and ensure completion of the set plan; fortify the effective implementation of measures against tax losses, tax arrears and transfer pricing; prevent smuggling and trade fraud; chair and coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to strictly control state budget expenditures, avoid losses and waste, and tighten recurrent expenditure; review, examine and adjust the payment procedures of investment capital towards creating the best conditions for payment process of capital invested in fundamental development; focus on finalization of a draft Decree replacing the Decree No. 59/2011/ND-CP on transformation of enterprises with 100% state capital into joint-stock companies, and the Decree No. 189/2013/ND-CP on the equitisation state-owned enterprises, and submit to the Government in November 2016.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall lead and coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to implement measures to promote export of goods of higher competitiveness to stable export markets; direct trade offices abroad to follow up with market information, boost trade promotion, searching and expansion of export markets; review and streamline procedures related to import and export activities; propose concrete solutions to promote growth of industries, particularly the processing and manufacturing industry, promote exports, and report to the Prime Minister in June 2016; evaluate the implementation of signed Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) and promote communication and dissemination of information for the business community to actively participate in preparing conditions to join FTAs and take full advantage of opportunities.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to promote agricultural restructuring towards comprehensiveness and substantiveness associating with building new-style rural areas and cooperative economy development and climate change adaptation; strengthen quality control of livestock breeds and feeding, examine and strictly handle use of banned substances in animal husbandry; focus on directing the implementation of solutions to restore fishing, aquaculture, and consumption of seafood in the localities having abnormal incident of mass fish deaths.
- The Ministry of Construction shall continue implementing the housing support programs in accordance with the Decisions approved by the Prime Minister; while at the same time, reviewing and evaluating social housing development and report to the Prime Minister.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall review planning, programs, projects, assess the current situation and propose innovative solutions to develop tourism, including short and long-term solutions to attract tourists and develop the sector sustainably, and report to the Government at the regular meeting in June 2016.
- The Ministry of Labor-Invalids and Social Affairs shall lead and coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to implement social security and social welfare policies; coordinate with the Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front to deploy and monitor the implementation of support for people affected by droughts, saltwater intrusion and the abnormal incident of mass fish deaths to avoid hunger; promote and improve the effectiveness of vocational training and job creation; assess of unemployment situation, especially for young, newly graduated students and propose appropriate solutions.
- The Ministry of Health shall actively implement measures to prevent and control infectious diseases, especially diseases with high risk of outbreaks in the summer, and accelerate deployment of the roadmap toward universal coverage of health insurance.
- The Ministries of Health, Agriculture and Rural Development, Industry and Trade and other ministries, agencies and localities shall coordinate to implement drastically the Directive No. 13/CT-TTg dated May 9, 2016 of the Prime Minister on enhancing state management responsibilities for food safety, in which focusing on promoting inspection and examination to ensure food safety; enhance dissemination and communication of information to raise awareness of the people; and prevent food poisoning, especially in industrial parks. The provincial People's Committee shall be responsible for directing the organization of food safety inspections in the area, review and condemn the responsibility of public officials and cadres where violations of food safety occur.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall lead and coordinate with relevant ministries and agencies and the People's Committees of provinces and centrally-governed cities to focus on reviewing and examining the sources of wastewater discharged into river basins, tightly manage and control river and sea environment; strictly handle violations of environmental protection; review, amend and supplement to regulations on environmental protection, environmental standards, and planning schemes in accordance with practical situation and commitments in the UN Climate Change Conference.
- The Ministry of Education and Training shall lead and coordinate with provinces to well-organize the national high school exam 2016; focus on reviewing and rectifying the issues concerned by the society on education and training; expeditiously provide guidance to localities to review projects under the program on solidification of schools and classrooms of preschools in districts on the list under the Government’s Resolution No. 30a using provisional government bonds in the 2012 – 2015 period; chair and coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Viet Nam Academy of Social Sciences and the Viet Nam Academy of Science and Technology to develop mechanisms and policies to attract highly qualified human resources abroad to participate in teaching and training in country; chair and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor- Invalids and Social Affairs to review and propose solutions to prevent and combat drowning for students.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology shall lead and coordinate with the Ministries of Planning and Investment, Education and Training, and Finance to develop mechanisms and policies to support entrepreneurship, and report to the Government at the regular meeting in July 2016.
It is requested that the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union build and launch a start-up movement associated with innovation and creativity among young people and students.
- The Ministry of Transport shall direct and coordinate with the relevant authorities to strengthen the strict management of safety conditions of transport; inspect, control and strictly handle violations; focus on communication to raise awareness of the people when commuting; organize the review and assessment of investment management of transport infrastructure projects through the BOT mechanism.
- Ministries, agencies, localities and economic groups, state corporations shall promote the restructuring and equitization of state-owned enterprises under the approved plan, the sale of state capital in enterprises that the state does not need to hold capital, including effective enterprises, strictly following regulations, ensuring transparency and avoiding losses.
- Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, the Chairmen of the provincial People's Committees, Chairmen of the Board of Management of corporations and groups shall be accountable before the Prime Minister on the implementation of the plans on restructuring and equitization of affiliated state-owned enterprises SOEs, ensuring timeliness, openness and transparency and strict handling of violations.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, agencies and localities to promote inspection of public duties, strengthen administrative discipline and order; chair and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance to develop an Overall program to promote socialization of public service units.
- The Government Inspectorate shall lead and coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to organize the examination to improve the quality of the reception of citizens, timely and appropriately resolve legitimate petitions of the people; at the same time strictly handle acts against people on duty in the reception of the people and resolution of complaints and denunciations.
- The Ministry of National Defence shall strengthen coordination with law enforcement forces at sea to protect maritime sovereignty; coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to protect and support fishermen and strictly handle illegal fishing and encroachment of our country’s water sovereignty.
- The Ministry of Public Security shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Defence to monitor the situation and actively implement measures to avoid, combat and provide timely prevention against conspiracies, anti-state and provoking activities, direct functional forces to strengthen patrolling, control, detection and timely handling of illegal sand mining by organizations and individuals, especially in coastal regions and the Red River.
The Ministry shall chair and coordinate with the Supreme People's Court, Supreme People's Procuracy and relevant ministries and sectors to review, develop and submit to the Government the Overall Program to implement regulations on videotape and audiotape recording in interrogation of the accused as stipulated under the Criminal Code in 2015 and the Resolution No. 110/2015/QH13 of the National Assembly.
- The Ministry of Information and Communications shall direct the objective and appropriate communication of information. Ministries, agencies and localities shall actively provide information to the press, and timely explain and direct the communication of information on issues of public concern to create social consensus; enhance the roles and responsibilities of the press agencies, strictly handle deliberate communication of information that is false, contrary to the orientation and direction of the Party and policies and laws of the State, which can cause negative impact on public opinion.
- Ministries, agencies and localities shall regularly review and direct the implementation of Resolutions of the Government’s monthly plenary meetings, ensure the promptly and effective direction and administration of the Government; strictly organize the implementation of the tasks assigned by the Government and the Prime Minister, immediately address delay or late fulfillment of tasks. The Government Office shall regularly monitor and supervise the implementation of the tasks assigned by the Government and the Prime Minister to ministries, agencies, localities and report to the Government at the monthly regular meetings.
10. Regarding the proposal of the Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front
Over the past time, the Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front has intensified its coordination with the Government, contributing to supporting the Government to outperform of the assigned tasks.
The Government agreed with the proposal of the Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front on the implementation of the coordination program in the 2016 – 2020 in 03 fields namely economic development, social development and social monitoring, and development of strong and transparent authorities.
The Government requested relevant ministries, agencies and localities to coordinate with the Central Standing Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front to develop coordination programs and report to the Prime Minister in the second quarter of 2016; and actively implement the cooperation program that had been signed.
Localities affected by droughts and the abnormal incident of mass fish deaths shall expeditiously transport Government and local aid to the affected people as stipulated and report to the Prime Minister at the end of June 2016. The Government requested the Standing Committee of the Central Committee of the Viet Nam Fatherland Front to instruct the Viet Nam Fatherland Front and the relevant provinces to supervise the transportation of the Government and local aid to households and report to the Government the implementation results before June 30, 2016.
11. Regarding the draft Resolution of the Government promulgating an Action Plan of the Government to implement the Resolution of the 12th Party Congress and another Action Plan of the Government to implement the Resolution of the National Assembly on the five-year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2020.
Ministries, agencies and localities are assigned to provide comments on the draft Resolution of the Government promulgating an Action Plan to implement the Resolution of the 12th Party Congress and another Action Plan to implement the Resolution of the National Assembly on the five-year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2020, in which focusing on reviewing the proposed tasks that had been included in these action plans to ensure feasibility, practicality and effectiveness, and report to the Ministry of Planning and Investment before June 15, 2016.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with the Government Office to synthesize and finalize the 02 draft Resolutions and submit to the Prime Minister for issuance in June 2016./.