1. Regarding the socio-economic situation in January 2016 and implementation progress of the Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 07, 2016 of the Government on major tasks and solutions guiding the realization of the Socio-economic development and State budget plan in 2016.
The Government agreed that: In January 2016, ministries, agencies and localities actively and rigorously implemented Resolutions of the National Assembly, the Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 07, 2016 of the Government and the directions of the Prime Minister; focused on promulgating action plans and programs to implement the 2016 Socio-economic development and State budget plan while taking measures to stabilize the market and prices and prepare well for people to enjoy the Lunar New Year holiday safely, healthily and thriftily. Macroeconomy remained stable. Inflation rate was low. Industrial production increased. Aggregate demand and purchasing power improved. Total number of international tourists to Viet Nam increased compared to that of the same period last year. Registered and disbursed FDI, ODA and preferential loans rose well. Business development activities observed positive changes. Policies on social security and social welfare received full attention during the implementation. Political security and social order and safety were maintained. Security was enhanced and guaranteed during the 12th National Party Congress. Due attention was paid to prevention and combat against smuggling and commercial fraud, ensuring traffic order and safety, and food safety.
However, the slow recovery of the global economy and sharp drop in the global oil prices affected the economy of our country, especially the State budget collection. Cold weather and snow caused lot of damages to agricultural production, especially annual crops, livestock and aquaculture in many Northern provinces. Life of ethnic minorities and people in mountainous, remote and isolated areas faced numerous difficulties. It was forecasted that weather condition may observe complicated fluctuations with cold weather in the North, severe drought in the Central and continued saltwater intrusion in the Mekong Delta.
The Government asked for drastic, strong and effective implementation of the measures enshrined in Resolutions of the National Assembly and the Government and quick promulgation of action programs and plans to realize the Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 07, 2016;
deployment of the 2016 Plan on socio-econmic development and State budget, the 2016 Plan on the use of State budget and government bonds, the Directive No. 31/CT-TTg dated December 24, 2015 to strengthen management and administration in order to stabilize the market and prices, ensure social order and security during the Lunar New Year holiday, the Official Telegram No. 2313/CD-TTg dated December 17, 2015 of the Prime Minister to ensure traffic order and safety during the Lunar New Year holiday and Spring Festival, and the Official Telegram No. 144/CD-TTg dated January 23, 2016 of the Prime Minister on accelerating the performance of tasks to prepare for the Lunar New Year holiday, focusing on the solutions below:
- The Ministry of Finance shall take the initiative to forecast global crude oil price fluctuations, conduct impact analysis and assessment, develop and report on solutions and measures to balance the State budget spending and collection; direct and strictly control prices of goods and services, especially essential goods and services, goods subject to price stabilization and price declaration as prescribed; coordinate with functional forces to strengthen measures to prevent and combat smuggling, commercial fraud and counterfeit goods.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall actively deploy measures to regulate balance of goods supply and demand, especially essential goods; strengthen inspection and control of the market and coordinate with competent authorities to strictly handle trafficking and transporting of prohibited goods, fake goods, poor quality goods, and goods of unknown origin; ensure sufficient supply of electricity for production and daily life, especially during the Lunar New Year holiday; coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to direct the operation of reservoirs, hydroelectric projects, prioritizing balance of water resources serving seasonal agricultural production; take the lead in the development a project and submit it to the Party Central Committee to review and issue a Resolution on the effective implementation of international integration as Viet Nam joins “new generation” Free Trade Agreements, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall closely monitor weather changes, actively direct and guide localities to implement specific measures to counter cold weather, diseases in crops and pets; urgently coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs to aggregate local damages and recommendations, propose plans to support localities to recover damage and restore production; take the lead in designing a draft Directive of the Prime Minister to strengthen prevention and combat against drought and saltwater intrusion.
- The Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs shall continue to implement social welfare policies; provide timely support, encouragement and ensure that poor households and policy beneficiaries, people with meritorious services to the revolition, people with special difficulties, ethnic minorities, people in remote areas to celebrate the traditional Lunar New Year; monitor and review hunger status, collaborate with the Ministry of Finance to supply national reserved goods, avoiding hunger during Lunar New Year and between-crop period.
- The Ministry of Education and Training shall expeditiously complete and announce plans to organize the national high school exam, national university entrance examination in 2016 towards organizing one examination cluster in each province and centrally-governed city, to ensure safety and quality, create the most favorable conditions for the contestants; have a plan to overcome the shortcomings and limitations of published results and utilize examination results for university and college admission, especially in some universities with large number of registered candidates.
- The Ministry of Health shall promote communication on measures to prevent and combat epidemics due to cold weather; fully prepare conditions necessary for health inspection and treatment serving the people during the Lunar New Year; proactively develop plans to prevent the intrusion and spread of dangerous diseases; focus on the examination and strict control of compliance of regulations on hygiene and food safety to serve the needs of the Lunar New Year.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall direct localities to well organize cultural activities and festivals during the Lunar New Year to ensure happiness, healthfulness, safety, economy and suitability to national customs and civilized lifestyle.
- The Ministry of Transport shall direct the implementation of measures to effectively administer transportation to meet travel demand during the Lunar New Year; coordinate inspection and control activities to avoid increase in freight rates, prices of train and bus tickets during the Lunar New Year; strictly penalize speculation on train and bus tickets and acts to impose strict terms on passengers; proactively develop plans and strict measures to promptly diminish congestion, reduce traffic accidents, especially at key transport points and large cities.
- The Ministry of Public Security shall pay attention to directing its forces to monitor the situation, proactively prevent, detect, and fight against any conspiracies and activities of hostile forces, ensure national security, social order and safety in the Lunar New Year; strengthen patrol, inspection, control and strictly handling of violations of traffic order and safety; ensure explosives safety, especially in key areas.
- The Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall continue to monitor the situation and take preventive measures against unexpected activities relating to national sovereignty, defense and security, foreign relations and protection of citizens to timely handle or report to competent authorities for resolution in accordance with the law.
- The Ministry of Information and Communications and the mass media agencies shall strengthen communication to celebrate the Party, the Spring and the country; advocate guidelines and policies of the Party and the State to create social consensus and a spirit of happiness, enthusiasm and emulation to implement the five-year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2021 and tasks in 2016 right at the beginning of the year.
Chairmen of the People's Committees of provinces and centrally-governed cities shall direct the inspection and strict control of the prevention of crime, social evils, fire, fireworks, ensuring security, social order and safety; striving to reduce traffic accidents in all three criteria in localities during the Lunar New Year.
2. Regarding the amendment and supplement to a number of articles of the Decree No. 31/2013/ND-CP dated April 9, 2013 of the Government detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of the Ordinance amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Ordinance on preferential treatment of people with meritorious services to the revolution in 2012
The Government agreed to: Shift benefits of the group of resistance war activists [who infected with toxic chemicals recognized and receiving support before September 1, 2012 from benefits of people with a reduced working capacity from 21% to 40%] to benefits of people with a reduced working capacity from 41% to 60% and allow them to reclaim the difference in allowance since January 01, 2013 in accordance with the Ordinance amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Ordinance on preferential treatment of people with meritorious services to the revolution in 2012.
The Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs is asigned to lead and coordinate with relevant agencies to organize the implementation; simultaneously, collaborate with the Ministry of Justice to urgently complete a dossier to submit to the Government for proposing to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly to consider amending and supplementing the Ordinance on preferential treatment to people with meritorious services to the revolution under a streamlined procedure.
3. Regarding the collection and payment of fines for violations of regulation on inland traffic safety of the Viet Nam Post Corporation
The Government agreed to allow the services on collection and payment of fines for violations and delivery of custody papers of the people sanctioned for violations of regulation on inland transport nationwide through the postal system.
The Ministries of Information and Communications, Public Security, Finance, Transport, Justice, People's Committees of provinces and centrally-governed cities and relevant agencies shall support and guide the Viet Nam Post Corporation to organize the implementation.
The Ministry of Justice is assigned to lead and collaborate with other relevant ministries and agencies to study and report to the Government to amend and supplement to the Decree No. 81/2013/ND-CP dated July 19, 2013 of the Government stipulating a number of articles and measures to implement the Law on Handling of Administrative Violations accordingly.
4. Regarding earnings after taxes stipulated under the Decree No. 204/2013/ND-CP for enterprises established and managed by the Party’s organization
The Government requested for the application of the following principles: Earnings after corporate income tax and fund provision required by the enterprises established and managed by the Party’s organization must be transferred to the State budget as promulgated under the Law on State Budget, Law on Management and Use of State Capital Invested in Production and Business at Enterprises.
The Ministry of Finance is assigned to follow legal regulation to consider reallocating from the State budget to business owners the earnings after taxes that the enterprises established and managed by the Party’s organization paid to the State budget./.