2016 is the first year to implement the five-year Socio-economic development plan (2016-2020). It is also the year to mark many important milestones of the country such as the 12th National Party Congress, the election of deputies to the 14th National Assembly and People’s Councils at all levels (tenure 2016-202). In addition to favorable conditions for socio-economic development, it is forecast that many difficulties and challenges lie ahead in 2016. The global and regional economy continues to observe complicated changes; the economy recovers at slow pace and pertains to many potential risks. Competition among economies become increasingly intense; geo-political risks around the world, complicated developments in the East Sea, as well as unpredictable changes in the financial and currency markets, oil prices, natural disasters, etc. may have adverse impacts on the economic development of the country. The establishment of the ASEAN Community by the end of 2015 along with the signing and implementation of free trade agreements opens up many opportunities for development, but also creates numerous difficulties and enormous challenges to overcome in 2016.
The National Assembly has approved the 2016 Socio-economic development plan, which includes general objectives: "Maintaining macroeconomic stability, striving for higher economic growth than that of 2015, focusing on improving growth quality, ensuring sustainable development; Promoting realization of strategic breakthroughs, economic restructuring associated with innovation of the growth model, improvement of productivity, quality, efficiency and competitiveness; Removing difficulties for enterprises, facilitating production and business; Cultural development and realization of social innovation and justice, assurance of social security, improvement of social welfare and people's lives; Effective management and efficient use of resources, active prevention of natural disasters to cope with climate change and protect the environment; Accelerating administrative reforms, strengthening administrative and social disciplines; Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of State management; Creating visible changes on anti-corruption, thrift practice and wastefulness combat; Strengthening national defense and security, firmly defending national sovereignty; Ensuring political security and social order and safety; Improving the efficiency of foreign affairs and international integration.”
The major targets set out in 2016 include: a gross domestic products (GDP) growth rate of 6.7%, an export turnover increase of 10%, a trade deficit accounting for less than 5% of export, a consumer price index (CPI) rise below 5%, investment for social development accounting for approximately 31% of GDP, a rate of energy consumption per unit of GDP decrease of 1.5% compared with 2015, a reduction of 1.3-1.5% in poor households based on the multidimensional poverty line, a decline of 4% poverty in poor communes, unemployment rate in urban areas under 4%, 53% of workers getting trained, among which: 21% of workers getting trained for 3 months and above, and receiving diplomas and certificates, a rate of 24.5 sick-beds per 10,000 people; 76% of the population participating in health insurance; 85% of industrial parks and export processing zones having standard waste water treatment system and a forest coverage rate of 41%.
In order to fulfill in the best manner the socio-economic development goals and targets in 2016 and create momentum for the realization of the five-year socio-economic development plan (period 2016–2020), the Government requests Ministries, Central agencies, provincial-level People's Committees, relevant units and individuals strive to organize the synchronous implementation of tasks and solutions across all sectors; continue implementing drastically and effectively strategic breakthroughs, programs, projects, strategies, planning schemes, plans and policies and laws already promulgated to serve socio-economic development. Special attention should be paid to effectively directing, managing and organizing the implementation of the following tasks and solutions:
MAJOR TASKS AND SOLUTIONS TO GUIDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND STATE BUDGET PLAN IN 2016
I. MAINTAIN MACRO-ECONOMIC STABILITY AND CONTROL INFLATION, CREATE CONDITIONS AND MOMENTUM CONDUCIVE TO ECONOMIC GROWTH
1. Regulate monetary policy and banking operations in a flexible and effective manner.
The State Bank of Viet Nam shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to:
a) Monitor monetary policy proactively and flexibly, in close coordination with fiscal policy and macroeconomic policies in order to tame inflation, stabilize macro-economy and achieve reasonable economic growth.
b) Utilize synchronously monetary tools and other tools and measures to stabilize the foreign exchange market, reasonably adjust the exchange rates, in consistent with changes in the domestic and foreign macro-economy, financial and monetary markets. Regulate the interest rates in line with developments of the macro-economy, inflation, and the monetary market. Combine credit growth and improvement of credit quality, focus on strictly controlling credit grants to high risk areas (real estate, projects with long payback period, etc.).
c) Continue to manage the gold market as stipulated under Decree No. 24/2012/ND-CP dated April 3, 2012 of the Government on management of gold trading activities; strengthen the control of foreign currencies and gold in the country; increase foreign reserves in accordance with actual conditions; promote non-cash payment.
d) Closely monitor developments in the international financial and monetary markets to actively have appropriate solutions to minimize negative impacts of international economic integration to the domestic foreign exchange and currency markets.
2. Pursue proactive and tight fiscal policy, strengthen financial and budgetary rules, disciplines
a) The Ministry of Finance shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to:
- Manage State budget plan proactively and tightly, ensure financial and budgetary rules and disciplines; control the State budget deficit within the limit set under the Resolution of the National Assembly, strive to increase budget revenues while saving budget spending. State budget collection and spending must be accomplished in accordance with the set plan.
- Organize the implementation of tax laws and State budget collection missions. Continue restructuring budget collection by increasing the share of domestic revenues. Avoid recommending and issuing new policies to reduce State budget collection, except for tax cuts for the implementation of international commitments. To conform with provisions on decentralization of the current Law on State Budget, from 2016, excise tax on imported goods (excluding gas of all types) consumed domestically shall be wholly collected to the central budget. Follow changes and proactively develop plans to ensure balance of State budget collection in 2016 in case there are major fluctuations in oil prices compared to the estimated prices. Strengthen tax control and inspection, combat against tax losses, transfer pricing and tax evasion; strictly handle and collect tax debts.
- Restructure State budget spending towards more savings, effectiveness, and increasing investment. Policies to increase State budget spending are only issued if they are really necessary and capital is available. The surplus of State budget revenues in 2015 will be used to repay debt at all levels, supplement capital to development investment, and carry out a number of expenditures under the Law on State Budget. Closely manage capital advance and transfer of sources of regular expenditures.
Instruct ministries, central agencies and localities to radically save regular expenditures, spending on the State apparatus and public non-business units. Strictly manage the use of fund for wage reforms, only provide additional budget from the central to reform wage and allowance in 2016 for localities with real hardship, unable to balance the State budget. Strengthen supervision and transparency in State budget spending, especially in the areas that wastefulness and wrongdoings are likely to develop.
- Organize the development of a Decree and documents guiding the implementation of the 2015 Law on State Budget. Develop and submit to the Prime Minister to report to the National Assembly Standing Committee on principles, criteria and norms for allocation of regular spending in 2017, and the Prime Minister shall issue a decision for implementation thereof.
- Review and propose to competent authorities to amend, supplement and improve legal documents related to the collective procurement of State property from 2016, applicable to procurement of assets of high quantity, high value, and widely used in many agencies, organizations and units.
Continue modernizing the management of public assets and upgrading the national database on State assets to gradually enrich the national database. Update, review and standardize data on existing assets; develop plans for the application of information technology in centralized procurement of State assets; mull over the implementation of online management of the use of public assets. Procurement of new cars shall only be allowed once the review of compliance of standards and norms stipulated in Decision No. 32/2015/QD-TTg dated August 4, 2015 has been completed. Residual cars after arrangement and transferring (if any) are for sale as regulated by law to recover State funds. Quickly develop a plan and a roadmap for assignment of cars for some certain positions as regulated.
- Strictly control public debt, government debt, and foreign debt within the safety limit allowed by the National Assembly. Closely manage the accumulation fund for debt repayment; strengthen the inspection and supervision of loans, loan utilization and debt repayment, especially new loans, loans guaranteed by the Government; prioritize Government guarantees for loans for investment in key programs and projects; at the same mull over gradual transfer to guarantees of commercial banks; continue the restructuring of loans in the direction of increasing the proportion of medium and long term loans with reasonable interest rates; enact and implement mechanisms on relending loans to local governments. Mull over the development of mechanisms to establish a system of market makers in bond market through the lending mechanisms through government bonds.
Deploy Government bond issuance as planned for additional capital investment in infrastructure development; at the same time implement measures to ensure macro-economic balance and public debt safety. Diversify terms of government bonds issued in 2016 and government bonds issued in international capital markets to restructure the domestic debts of the government according the Resolution of the National Assembly.
- Continue to accelerate the divestment of State capital in State owned enterprises which do not require State ownership under market mechanisms and use part of the proceeds for development investment.
b) The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall:
- Implement the public investment plan in 2016 as stipulated under the Law on Public Investment and Resolution of the National Assembly, Decree of the Government and Decisions of the Prime Minister.
- Guide, inspect and supervise other ministries, central and local agencies for strict allocation and control and efficient use of public investment in 2016.
- Monitor and review the status and progress of disbursement of programs and projects funded with official development assistance (ODA) and preferential loans; synthesize and report to the Prime Minister to submit to the National Assembly Standing Committee the allocation and use of foreign capital (ODA and preferential loans from foreign donors) in 2015 and supplement the foreign capital plan in 2016 if necessary.
- Enhance forecasting capacity of macroeconomic indicators to proactively propose appropriate policies in line with domestic and international economic circumstances. Follow up with changes in crude oil prices and output; assess impacts of crude oil price volatility on growth, investment, inflation and propose response measures.
- Lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Finance to submit to the Prime Minister a plan to allocate the remaining fund (Government bond capital) of projects on upgrading the National Highway 1A and the Central Highlands segment of the Ho Chi Minh trail in accordance with Resolutions of the National Assembly. If there still remains fund after allocating, the Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Transport to draft investment plans for other projects related to the these two routes; submit to the Prime Minister thereof.
c) The Ministry of Transport shall lead the review of scale, performance and completion of investment formalities for projects funded by the residual Government bond capital of the projects on upgrading the National Highway 1A and the Central Highlands segment of the Ho Chi Minh trail as regulated by law.
d) Other ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
- Organize the administration of State budget spending within the State budget plan assigned by the competent authorities, ensuring the best utilization of fund and in compliance with regulations.
- Minimize spending on conferences, seminars and festivities; restrict funding for study tour and research, procurement of cars and expensive equipment. Conduct online conferences and seminars to save the State budget. Not to request competent authorities to issue new policies and regimes or to increase spending limits, which may lead to increased State budget spending without a guaranteed source.
- Stop the deployment and recall regular budget which remains unallocated or allocated but has not been implemented, not received approval on cost estimates, bidding has not been organized for additional provisions to the central and local budgets, except for cases prescribed by law and special cases decided by the Prime Minister.
- Allocation of public investment to projects must comply with the priority order specified in the Law on Investment, Decree No. 77/2015/ND-CP dated September 10, 2015 of the Government on medium-term and annual public investment plans, Resolution No. 1023/NQ-UBTVQH13 dated August 28, 2015 of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly and Decision No. 40/2015/QD-TTg dated September 14, 2015 of the Prime Minister Government on principles, criteria and norms for allocation of state budget capital for development investment for the period 2016-2020.
- Organize the election of deputies to the 14th National Assembly and People's Councils at all levels of the tenure 2016-2021 in the spirit of thrift.
- Strictly manage the use of funds for wage reform. Based on the assigned State budget, strive to self-balance wage increases according to the Resolution of the National Assembly and Decision of the Prime Minister on the allocation of State budget in 2016. Poor regions with budgetary constraints that are unable to seek resources for salary increases shall receive funding support from the central budget to implement wage increases in 2016.
- Actively use local reserves to cover spending for preventing and overcoming consequences of natural disasters, epidemics, etc., and other important, urgent and unexpected spending as regulated.
3. Promoting economic restructuring towards improving the efficiency and competitiveness of the economy, continuing to focus on three areas including public investment, State owned economic groups and corporations, commercial banks and credit institutions:
a) Economic restructuring in the period 2016 – 2020:
- Agencies at all levels, sectors, State owned economic groups and corporations shall continue to complete and submit to competent authorities restructuring schemes in the areas and domains (which have not yet been approved) at the latest by the end of the second quarter of 2016. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall synthesize and report to the Prime Minister the implementation progress in the third quarter of 2016.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with the relevant central and local agencies to:
+ Develop Plans on economic restructuring for the 2016 – 2020 period, submit to the Government to report to the National Assembly in the 2nd session of the 14th National Assembly; and at the same time well prepare conditions, including legal provisions to effectively implement economic restructuring.
+ Focus on the development of key economic regions coupled with strengthening coordination in key economic areas prescribed under the Decision No. 941/QD-TTg dated June 25, 2015 of the Prime Minister; economic zones and industrial parks need to generate pervasive influences, connectivity and leverage for socio-economic development. Harmoniously develop regions and areas which still face numerous difficulties. Soon develop some special economic zones effectively.
+ Inspect and supervise the compliance of planning schemes in ministries, agencies and localities, especially the combined planning of zones, sectors and areas. Complete and submit to the National Assembly to issue Law on Planning as a foundation for the development and management of development planning nationwide.
b) Regarding the restructuring of investment, focus on public investment:
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to:
+ Implement effectively the Law on Public Investment, related Decrees of the Government and guiding documents.
+ Develop the five-year medium-term public investment plan 2016 – 2020, submit to the National Assembly for approval at its 11th Session of the 13th National Assembly in accordance with orientations of the five-year socio-economic development plan in 2016 - 2020 and the law. Steer resources to national target programs, targeted programs, key projects; invest in agricultural and rural infrastructure, disaster prevention projects, projects in mountainous, border-sharing, island and ethnic minority areas, and areas with difficult socio-economic conditions; ensure publicity, transparency and efficiency of public investments.
+ Continue to strengthen management of public investment, pay special attention to improving the investment efficiency of State budget, Government bonds, official development assistance (ODA) and preferential loans, and other capital sources.
+ Strictly control investment objectives, effectiveness and impacts on macro-economy of ODA and preferential loans provided by foreign donors, the State credit for development investment and other loans of the State. Steer State credit to important and urgent projects having major impacts on national socio-economic development.
+ Report to the Prime Minister plans to use the funds collected from equitization and divestment of State capital to invest in a number of important and urgent programs and projects entitled by the Political Bureau and the National Assembly.
+ Encourage capital mobilization from investors of all economic sectors at home and abroad to complement the State's capital investment in the construction of socio-economic infrastructure, through the Public Private Partnership (PPP) models, foreign direct investment, joint ventures, affiliates, etc.
+ Improve the efficiency of foreign direct investment attraction. Develop preferential policies to lure projects with high-technology, environmentally friendly and highly competitive products. Not to provide license to projects which require high energy-consumption, exploitation of resources without any linkage to processing, using outdated technology, and causing environmental pollution.
+ Strengthen measures to improve the quality of regional and territorial planning; sectoral development planning; urban planning as a basis to develop programs and plans for medium-term investment.
+ Improve the tender quality, ensuring the selection of capable and experienced tenderers to implement projects and bidding packages according to requirements on quality, progress and economic efficiency.
+ Strengthen the inspection and monitoring the compliance of the Law on Public Investment and other regulations on public investment plans, programs and projects, especially projects using State capital, ODA capital, State credit for development investment.
- The Ministry of Construction shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to: Focus on the implementation of the Law on Construction; improve the capacity of public agencies specialized in construction investment management; rearrange project management units as regulated; review the capacity of contractors (in planning, designing, construction and supervision). Based on that, strictly control the construction process to reduce losses and waste and improve construction quality.
- Other ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
+ Develop and submit to the competent authorities for approval the five-year medium-term public investment plan in 2016 - 2020. During the preparation of investment, attention should be paid to the proposal development, evaluation and approval of investment policy; allocate sufficient funds to investment projects managed by their units. Step up the review to ensure that all investment procedures have been completed under the programs and projects included in the medium-term and annual public investment plan as prescribed under the Law on Public Investment.
+ Implement 02 national target programs and 21 target programs in the 2016-2020 period following the principles, purposes and effectiveness associated with enhancing the roles and responsibilities of public management of agencies and levels, contributing to the development of sectors, areas, localities and regions.
+ Strengthen the inspection, control and supervision of all stages of investment process, focusing on large-scale key projects. Take timely measures to remove difficulties and obstacles, especially difficulties in land clearance compensation, etc. ensuring rapid and on schedule deployment of projects, allowing early deployment of projects, and promoting effective use of investment.
+ Enhance the management of quality of construction projects and costs of projects funded by State budget through verification of projects, designs, costs, deploy a professional management board as stipulated under the Law on Construction; consolidate and improve capacity of specialized construction agencies at all levels.
c) Regarding the restructuring of enterprises, especially State owned economic groups and corporations:
- The Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs and Ministry of Home Affairs shall study and submit to the Government, the Prime Minister to issue regulations on the restructuring, equitization and divestment of State capital in enterprises, governance and financial mechanisms, wage and bonus mechanism and decentralization of rights and obligations of the State in State owned enterprises and State’s capital contribution in enterprises, etc. ensuring compliance with the Law on Enterprises in 2014, Law on Management and use of State capital invested in production and business at enterprises in 2014.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate other ministries, central agencies, localities, and State owned economic groups and corporations to mull over the reform of the mechanisms for the State to exercise its ownership rights and obligations.
- The Ministry of Finance shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries and agencies to study on solutions to consolidate and improve the capacity of agencies managing and supervising financial performance of enterprises to enhance the quality of financial monitoring at State owned enterprises and enterprises with State’s capital contribution.
- Other ministries, central agencies and localities, and State owned economic groups and corporations shall:
+ Continue the implementation of Resolutions of the Party Central Committee on reorganization, equitization and improvement of performance of State owned enterprises and the Decision No. 929/QD-TTg dated July 17, 2012 of the Prime Minister. Attach responsibilities of heads of organizations with enterprise restructuring results.
Focus on implementing the plan to restructure and innovate State owned enterprises in the 2016 - 2020 period after receiving an approval from the Prime Minister; actively develop plans and continue the divestment of State’s capital in enterprises which the State does not need to hold controlling shares or hold shares or capital contribution; review and classify public service units eligible to be transformed into joint stock companies and submit to the Prime Minister or report to competent ministries, provincial People's Committees (for State owned economic groups and corporations) to submit to the Prime Minister for approval.
+ Continue to promote structural reforms, improve the quality and effectiveness of State owned enterprise management. Strengthen training, capacity building of management and executive staff of enterprises, supervisors, representatives of State’s capital, ensuring effective monitoring and management of State’s capital invested in enterprises.
+ Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of management and supervision of State owned enterprises. Accelerate transparency and publication of information on the performance of State owned enterprises. Strengthen inspection, supervision, and monitoring over activities of State owned groups and corporations.
d) Regarding financial market restructuring, focusing on commercial banks and credit institutions:
- The State Bank of Viet Nam shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to:
+ Promote comprehensive restructuring of credit institutions (including weak credit institutions), focus on improving and enhancing their financial capacity; improve and enhance operational efficiency of internal control and audit; gradually restructure activities towards enhancing safety and efficiency, minimizing activities with potential risks; pay attention to thoroughly handling weak credit institutions, even if this may request the application of aggressive measures, including State’s intervention. Encourage and promote voluntarily merger, consolidation or acquisition between credit institutions; create conditions for foreign credit institutions with sufficient capacity to participate in the restructuring of credit institutions in Viet Nam. Control and effectively handle issues related to cross-ownership, dominant shareholders; accelerate divestment in risky and inefficient areas, especially non-financial sectors and fields.
+ Continue synchronous measures to handle bad debts and control and improve credit quality according to the scheme approved under the Decision No. 843/QD-TTg dated May 31, 2013 of the Prime Minister which requires the handling of bad debts in accordance with market mechanisms and bad debts repurchased by the Viet Nam Asset Management Company (VAMC). Mull over the completion of the VAMC model, and at the same time enhancing the VAMC’s capacity and resources in handling bad debts. Strive to maintain the NPL ratio below 3% according to Viet Nam’s loan classification standards.
+ Develop and complete legal framework on monetary, banking, especially guiding documents to improve the legal framework for restructuring, handling bad debts, cross-ownership and developing a debt market.
+ Organize inspection and supervision effectively to improve effectiveness and efficiency of State management and order and discipline in the fields under the authority of the State Bank of Viet Nam; ensure safety and stability of the credit institution system.
- The Ministry of Finance shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to:
+ Continue the implementation of the Scheme to restructure the securities market and insurance companies, the Strategy for stock market development by 2020.
+ Improve institutional and operational policies on gambling and casino. Gradually restructure lottery market, electronic prize-winning game towards modernization, meeting the entertainment needs of the public, increasing State budget collection and ensuring social order and safety.
e) Promote restructuring and improve production efficiency of agriculture, industry and services
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to synchronously implement solutions to accelerate restructuring and improving the efficiency of agricultural production; focus on implementing approved restructuring projects, programs and action plans; review and supplement strong policies to precipitate clear improvements in productivity, quality and efficiency, enhance competitiveness, promote growth and sustainable development, and improve farmers’ income. This includes:
+ Gradually plan to enhance competitiveness of key exported agricultural products and livestock sector. Effectively implement the approved Scheme to develop Viet Nam’s rice brand.
+ Continue to promote the reorganization of agricultural production suitable with specific conditions of each regions, areas and products. Promote production development towards enhancing close links between farmers, farmer groups, cooperatives with enterprises along the value chain from production to consumption in order to reduce costs, improve efficiency, gradually bring agriculture production to large-scale level with high added value. Encourage the development of cooperative economy. Coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment to continue support and create favorable conditions to attract enterprises of all economic sectors to invest in agriculture and rural development.
+ Promote the application of measures on re-arrangement, renovation, development and efficiency and performance improvement of agro-forestry companies under the Resolution No. 30-NQ/TW dated March 12, 2014 of the Political Bureau and Decree No. 118/2014/ND-CP dated December 17, 2014 of the Government; review and urgently submit to competent authorities specific plans to restructure each State owned farm, ensuring requirements on management and efficiency improvement of business performance.
+ Review and supplement policies on agricultural development accompanied with the application of high technologies. Strengthen study, transfer and application of scientific and technological advancements; hybrid and produce crop seedlings and livestock varieties with high productivity, quality and commercial value.
+ Focus on developing sea-based economy associated with defending sovereignty and implementing the Viet Nam Sea Strategy through 2020; synchronously implement policies on fisheries development (as stipulated under Decree No. 67/2014/ND-CP and Decree No. 89/2015/ND-CP). Implement effectively measures and policies to encourage and support fishermen fishing and exploiting fisheries.
+ Continue the effective implementation of the new rural development program to achieve targets set out in the Resolution No. 100/2015/QH13 of the National Assembly; just encourage voluntary funding contributions from residential communities on the basis of their capacities. Direct localities to develop specific programs and action plans, focus investment resources on fulfilling the set objectives.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall lead and coordinate other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to focus on reviewing and supplementing policies to effectively promote the development of supporting industries, higg-tech industries, industries associated with developing products of national comparative advantage. Deploy the Planning scheme to develop a system of logistics centers across the country; develop action plans to improve competitiveness and develop logistics services in Viet Nam.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with other relevant central agencies and localities to continue implementing the action plan of the Government to implement the Overall strategy to develop service industries of Viet Nam by 2020; synchronously implement solutions to rapidly develop service industries, particularly industries with advantages, knowledge-intensive, high technology and added value.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to focus on implementing solutions to develop tourism as a spearhead economic sector. Effectively implement the Resolution No. 92/NQ-CP dated December 8, 2014 of the Government on a number of measures to promote tourism development in the new period, Directive No. 14/CT-TTg dated July 2, 2015 by the Prime Minister on increasing effectiveness of State management, focusing on overcoming weaknesses, promoting tourism development, the Overall strategy and master plan for tourism development of Viet Nam and Master plans for regional tourism development. Expeditiously complete a draft Law on Tourism (revised) and Planning and Schemes on tourism development. Organize activities in the 2016 National Tourism Year in Kien Giang province; the Target program to support investment in tourism infrastructure development and national programs on tourism.
4. Create a favorable environment to promote production and business
a) The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to:
- Synchronously implement laws related to business investment, particularly the Law on Investment in 2014 (revised), the Law on Enterprises in 2014 (revised). Enhance the information dissemination, guiding and removal of difficulties and obstacles for enterprises, investors and management authorities to ensure full and consistent implementation of regulations.
Accelerate the deployment of solutions, action plans to develop small and medium-sized enterprises; activities of the small and medium-sized enterprise fund. Study and develop a Law supporting small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Focus on promoting the implementation of the Law on Co-operatives; improve the system of legal documents guiding the implementation of the law, coupled with the dissemination and extensive training of regulations on co-operatives. Consolidate and reorganize the operation of cooperatives, unions of co-operatives; dissolve co-operatives which have stopped their operations, cannot consolidate or reorganize their operation; upscale new cooperative models with effective operation.
b) The State Bank of Viet Nam shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to develop mechanisms and policies to prioritize credit to supporting industries, high-tech industries, agriculture and rural development, export, small and medium-sized enterprises, business start-ups; continue to create favorable conditions to facilitate enterprises’ access to credit, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, co-operatives and households to promote production and business efficiency, application of technological innovation, and investment in sectors with good growth potential.
c) The Ministry of Finance shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to implement tax policies, including value added tax, import tax, corporate income tax, etc. as regulated by law; promote advocacy, support consultation on tax laws for business community and citizens; remove difficulties arising during the implementation of policies on taxes and customs, etc.
d) The Ministry of Justice shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Finance, the State Bank of Viet Nam and other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to promptly remove difficulties in notarization and registration of secured transactions and handling of secured assets; urgently develop and apply an interlinked mechanism in the notarization and registration of land use rights and assets attached to land and taxes. Effectively implement the decree guiding the Law on Bankruptcy, especially activities of arbitrators and enterprises managing and liquidating assets. Continue improving and submit to the National Assembly to issue the Law on Property Auction; develop the Law on Property Registration.
d) The Ministry of Science and Technology shall lead and coordinate with other Ministries, agencies and localities to:
- Enhance communication, encourage and support businesses in innovation, application of new technologies, renovate production processes and management to improve the quality of products and corporate competitiveness.
- Establish and gradually develop a business start-up ecosystem: Incubators, business start-up funds, venture funds, training services, start-up consultation. Innovate approaches to science and technology market development.
e) The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to actively develop specific plans to ensure electricity supply for production and consumption.
g) The Ministry of Construction shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to continue solutions to develop real estate market, ensuring transparency, openness and needs of the society.
h) Ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
- Continue effective and timely implementation of measures stated in the Resolution No. 19/NQ-CP dated March 12, 2015 of the Government on the tasks and key measures to continue improving the business environment and competitiveness in 2015 – 2016.
- Strictly implement measures to streamline administrative procedures as regulated by law to avoid inconvenience and reduce cost and time of enterprises to complete procedures on enterprise establishment or bankruptcy declaration, land, investment, construction, declaration and payment of tax, customs, state treasury, social security, access to electricity, etc.
- Create favorable conditions for the development of enterprises of all economic sectors, especially the private sector, foreign invested enterprises, cooperative economy, small and medium-sized enterprises; ensure an equal competition environment. Effectively implement the program to promote industrial and agro-forestry-fisheries production. Create favorable conditions for enterprises to invest in agriculture and rural development.
- Closely monitor market fluctuation, seize information on good supply, demand and prices and provide timely information to enterprises to help them design production and business plans.
5. Strengthen management to ensure the healthy development of the domestic goods and service market
a) The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities to:
- Strengthen management, administration, and monitoring of market developments, take prompt measures to ensure balance in supply and demand of goods and avoid shortage of goods, unreasonable price hikes, particularly during public holidays and the Lunar New Year.
- Focus on implementing tasks and solutions stated in the Scheme to develop the domestic market linked to the campaign Vietnamese people give priority to using Vietnamese products for the period 2014 - 2020, the Program to develop national e-commerce, the Program on trade development in mountainous, remote areas and isolated islands. Develop strong distribution systems; direct and guide localities to organize activities to connect supply and demand, primarily for seasonal agricultural commodities. Collaborate in ensuring food safety, supporting the flows of agricultural products with safety certification into the distribution system to provide better access to safe food for the people.
- Consolidate and develop distribution systems and tightly control quality of oil and gas products; continue effective implementation of the roadmap to produce and distribute bio-fuel.
- Strengthen the management of market, competition, monopoly control, and protection of consumer rights. Draft amendments to the Law on Competition to submit to the National Assembly in 2017. Study and develop a national program to protect the interests of consumers.
- Strengthen inspection and examination on business activities of units operating in the form of multi-level sales; provide timely prevention and strictly handle violations. Coordinate with the Ministry of Public Security in detecting, investigating and handling violations in the supply of goods and services in the form of multi-level sales.
b) The Ministries of Finance, Industry and Trade, Health, Education and Training, Public Security, National Defense and other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
- Study to improve the legal system of prices, focusing on price management mechanism for service charges to be shifted to market pricing mechanism as stipulated under the Law on Fees and Charges in 2015. Develop a price database to meet the requirements of State management as stipulated in the Law on Prices and guidance of the Ministry of Finance.
- Adjust prices of energy, and other essential goods and services as stipulated under the Law on Prices, in line with inflation targets in 2016.
- Actively apply measures to stabilize prices and markets. Closely monitor the price registration and declaration of enterprises, strictly control price plans and prices of goods and services determined and procured by the State, and public goods and services. Disclose information on prices and price administration to create social consensus.
- Strengthen prevention of smuggling, commercial fraud, counterfeiting and piracy, shoddy goods, especially in key routes and areas. Launch extensive fights to strictly handle violations; mobilize the people’s active participation in this task. Heads of agencies, localities, functional forces shall hold responsibility before the Prime Minister for letting the prolonged and complex occurrence of smuggling and trading of smuggled and counterfeit goods, formation of smuggling lines and groups in the province.
- Strengthen inspection and examination of the compliance of laws on prices, taxes and charges, especially for essential goods and services; strictly handle violations as regulated by law and publicize on the mass media.
c) The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries, central agencies and localities to:
- Effectively implement solutions to support farmers and enterprises in production of goods and expansion of consumption markets.
- Focus on investigation, control and inspection to promptly detect and strictly handle violations of using agrochemicals in agricultural production or using prohibited chemicals in husbandry that create negative impacts on human health, ecological environment, such as substances to stimulate growth and lean meat, substances to create attractive colors of food, etc.
- Promote the communication and guiding farmers and enterprises not to use or strictly follow the correct procedures to use pesticides, veterinary drugs and fertilizers. Coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Health in guiding consumers how to prevent, detect contaminated goods.
6. Promote export and control import
a) The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall lead to:
- Organize study and forecasting on export and import markets, and provide information and guidelines to associations, enterprises, manufacturing units to develop proper production plans and cope with market fluctuations.
- Enhance measures to promote export, ensuring sustainable export growth. Exploit the current markets and expand potential markets to boost exports, especially commodities of highly added value and high turnover. Coordinate with the overseas Vietnamese representative agencies to unbind trade barriers, effectively handle investigations on anti-dumping, subsidies, trade defense of the importing countries. Continue to strengthen trade promotion activities, connect domestic and foreign markets.
- Diversify import markets; avoid overly dependence on one market. Have specific plans and solutions to improve the imbalance in trade relations with some major markets, striving for sustainable trade balance. Enhance capacity of relevant agencies and apply flexibly and effectively trade defense instruments in accordance with WTO rules in order to reduce trade deficit and protect domestic producers. Strictly control C/O of exports and imports to strengthen anti-commercial fraud when implementing free trade agreements (FTAs) in 2016 and the following years.
- Carry out procedures approved by the National Assembly and develop a specific action plan for practical and effective implementation of FTAs recently signed. Continue FTA negotiations towards promoting opening market access for export of products that Viet Nam has advantage. Review the implementation of agreements and contracts signed with other countries in the region; evaluate the implementation results, propose the signing of new agreements or amendments to the signed agreements.
- Regularly review and timely detect imported commodities with sudden surge in amount to clarify the causes and actively implement measures to strengthen management and control to ensure compliance with regulations and protection of domestic production as regulated by law and in consistent with international commitments. Improve quality control for imported goods, especially agricultural products, consumer goods.
b) Ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
- Work closely with other ministries, relevant sector associations to follow up with market information and direct the organization of production and consumption of commodities. Proactively connect information on supply and demand to boost consumption. Strictly manage foreign traders operating in Viet Nam.
- Provincial People's Committees of border provinces shall review activities of border gates, crossings, and coordinate with localities having large-scale agricultural production areas to control cargo transportation, regulate commodities, and avoid commodity stuck at border gates.
7. Continue to improve the legal system and improve the efficiency of law enforcement, creating a legal framework synchronous and convenient for manufacturing and business
Ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Continue to implement the Constitution in 2013. Institutionalize and implement the Resolutions of the 12th Congress of the Party and the Conclusions of the Political Bureau on the continued implementation of the Strategy to develop and improve the legal system, especially laws related to the fields of strategic breakthroughs. Focus on institutional development and improvement to synchronously develop and improve performance of all markets, ensuring smooth operation, fair competition and transparency.
b) Review and improve the law implementing signed international commitments and free trade agreements, ensuring the effective implementation of rights and international commitments of Viet Nam.
c) Ministries, central agencies assigned to lead the drafting of laws, ordinances and documents detailing the implementation of laws shall promote the sense of responsibility in drafting and timely submission to competent authorities for issuance according to planned schedule; put a stop to delay in issuance of documents detailing and guiding the implementation of laws. Strengthen inspection and review, strictly control and ensure the constitutionality, legality, integrity, synchronization, and feasibility of legal documents.
d) Step up monitoring of law enforcement, focusing on laws on social housing, housing for people with meritorious services to the revolution, areas frequently affected by natural disasters; focus investment on organizing law enforcement, gradually shift strategic orientation from legal development to legal improvement and enhancement of law enforcement effectiveness. Strengthen law dissemination and education, especially the new codes, laws and resolutions passed by the National Assembly in 2015 or those coming into effect in 2016 and international conventions to which Viet Nam is a singatory; promote legal support to businesses.
e) Organize effective implementation of the Law on Promulgation of legal documents in 2015; continue to review and update legal documents in the national database of legal documents as stipulated in Decree No. 52/2015/ND-CP dated May 28, 2015 of the Government, towards developing e-official gazette.
II. IMPROVE HUMAN RESOURCES, PROMOTE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT:
1. The Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs, and other ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Synchronously implement solutions on human resource development, especially high-quality human resources. Accelerate worker transfer process to other economic sectors with highly-added value, which prioritize to strengthening training of human resources and business development in rural areas in order to quickly shift labor structure.
b) Focus on implementing effectively the Resolution No. 29-NQ/TW dated November 4, 2013 of the 8th Plenum of the 11th Party Central Committee on fundamental and comprehensive innovation of education and training, towards openness, integration, development of a learning society, with comprehensive development in capability, physical strength, personality, morality, lifestyle, sense and respect of the law and responsibility of citizens. Complete the national education system; enact a national qualification framework in support of regional and international integration. Develop teaching staff, management staff meeting renovation requirements. Continue to improve and implement effectively policies to support the development of education and training for disadvantaged people and policy beneficiaries. Develop a specific mechanism to select and reward talents. Review and complete planning on a network of higher education establishments across the country. Strive to achieve the highest targets on preschool education universalization set in the Resolution of the National Assembly.
c) Raise the percentage of workers with professional and technical training. Improve effectiveness of training, vocational training associated with employment creation. Organize effective deployment of the Law on vocational education. Implement succession in training and branching into vocational education. Review the planning, reorganization of professional education network, linking planning on human resource development with national, regional and provincial planning on socio-economic development. Strengthen linkages between professional education establishments and enterprises; mobilize enterprises participating in vocational training.
d) Proactively train and provide skilled and qualified labor to economic zones, industrial parks and crucial and large investment projects having important implications for the development of the country; gradually meet the requirements of the labor market following the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community. Strengthen communication to change social perceptions about vocational training and landing a career.
2. The Ministry of Science and Technology shall lead and coordinate with other relevant ministries central agencies and localities to:
a) Continue to implement the Resolution of the 6th Plenum of the Party Central Committee on the development of science and technology; review, amend, supplement and improve the legal system of science and technology, focus harmonizing specialized law system with other related areas to create a favorable legal environment for promotion of research, application and development of science and technology.
b) Strengthen State management; enhance the power and efficiency of scientific and technological activities. Strongly encourage all organizations and individuals to study, innovate and apply science and technology, to meet the requirements of economic restructuring, growth model transformation, efficiency and competitiveness improvement, national security and defense and development needs of the society. Improve funding mechanism; enhance utilization efficiency of State funding for scientific research and activities of the public science and operation of technology funds; ensure the promptly allocation of funds for the implementation of the science and technology missions as ordered and in accordance with the Law on Science and Technology in 2013.
c) Implement specific mechanisms to develop foundation for scientific and technological research based on advanced methodologies, deploy important projects, key national products. Mull over the application of mechanisms and forms to disseminate science and technology free of charge to small and medium-sized enterprises, and household producers, etc. to raise labor productivity. Promote the application of autonomy and self-responsibility mechanisms among public science and technology organizations.
d) Strengthen legal enforcement of regulations on intellectual property rights. Renovate management activities on standardization, metrology, quality of products and goods to meet the requirements of international integration. Train and develop human resources on advanced science and technology in the country, combined with attracting Vietnamese talents living inside and outside the country. Strengthen cooperation and international integration in science and technology.
III. ENSURE SOCIAL SECURITY, IMPROVE PEOPLE’S LIFE, DEVELOP CULTURE, AND REALIZE SOCIAL PROGRESS AND JUSTICE
1. Ensure social security, improve social welfare and create jobs
The Ministries of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs, Education and Training, Agriculture and Rural Development, Finance, Health, Construction, Justice, and other relevant agencies and localities shall based on their assigned tasks and functions:
a) Fully implement the issued policies on social assistance and preferential policies for people with meritorious services to the revolution. Review, adjust and synchronously deploy policies to ensure social security, social protection, sustainable poverty reduction, vocational training, labor and employment, legal aid, etc. in accordance with real conditions to support and encourage vulnerable groups to prosper on their own. Develop a network of social assistance facilities in order to improve service quality, to meet the need of the people, toward the goal of developing an equitable and efficient society. Continue finding and identifying the remains of martyrs.
b) Promote the implementation of the Strategy to develop national housing and the Law on Housing, effectively deploy mechanisms and policies to promote the development of social housing and housing support for people with meritorious services to the revolution, poor households in rural areas, areas frequently affected by natural disasters, storms, floods, housing for low-income people, housing for workers in industrial zones under the decision of the Prime Minister.
c) Combine the national target program on new rural development and the national target program on sustainable poverty reduction with the policies to support ethnic minorities and people living in mountainous, remote, border and island areas and other disadvantaged regions.
d) Review, supplement and improve poverty reduction policies towards implementing sustainable poverty reduction goals. Deploy programs and policies to reduce poverty under the new multidimensional poverty line in order to guarantee minimum living standards and access to basic social services. Replicate models on livelihood support, production support, sustainable poverty reduction which has been implemented effectively in many localities. Concentrate investment on developing socio-economic infrastructure for poor districts, communes and villages with particularly difficult conditions and the ethnic minorities.
e) Promote the implementation of the Law on Health Insurance and the Law on Social Insurance; deploy policies on social insurance, unemployment insurance, health insurance, regional minimum wage regime, etc. to improve the people's lives. Expand the coverage of social insurance and medical insurance. Develop appropriate solutions to deploy household-based medical insurance.
e) Expeditiously complete and promulgate mechanisms and policies on voluntary supplementary pension to guide the implementation of the Law on Social Insurance.
g) Strengthen inspection, monitoring and guiding the implementation of labor policies, to ensure occupational health and safety to reduce occupational accidents and ensure available policies on social insurance and unemployment insurance for workers.
h) Implement employment policies linked to labor market development. Strengthen the role of the State in supervising and regulating labor supply – demand balance in the labor market; improve quality of forecasting and provision of information on labor market; continue to develop and enhance the operational capacity of job exchange floors. Strictly manage foreign laborers working in Viet Nam.
i) Implement measures to stabilize and develop the labor export market; strengthen management of labor export of both enterprises and workers, ensure the rights of Vietnamese overseas workers.
k) Develop a nationwide database on electronic civil status; continue strengthening and completing the contingent of cadres and civil servants in charge of civil status work; review, check, and list fluctuations in population; ensure the right to be registered at birth of children; implement Viet Nam's commitments under the Declaration and Action Framework in Asia - Pacific on civil registration and statistics in the publication of official data on the total number registered births and deaths; continue to implement effectively an inter-model for birth registration, resident registration, and issuance of health insurance cards for children under age of 6.
2. Enhance people’s health care protection
The Ministry of Health shall coordinate with other relevant ministries, agencies and localities to:
a) Be proactive and holistically in disease prevention and treatment, strengthen the management of healthcare environment, improve healthcare quality, promote socialization in the medical field.
b) Step up the implementation of policies and regulations on quality management, food safety under the Resolution No. 34/2009/NQ-QH12 dated June 19, 2009 of the National Assembly and the Law on Food Safety in 2010.
c) Continue measures to implement the scheme to reduce hospital overload. Gradually reset a system for patient transition among hospitals at different levels, encourage treatment at local levels. Consolidate and enhance the operational efficiency of the healthcare network at provincial level, focusing on health development in mountainous, border and island areas.
d) Encourage the development of private clinics and public-private partnership. Accelerate autonomy and self-responsibility at public health units. Step by step implement a roadmap on new medical service prices in the principle of accurately and fully calculating all medical expenses, and at the same time providing appropriate support to policy beneficiaries and poor people.
dd) Develop universal healthcare services towards providing health coverage to all people associated with developing specialized health services and high-tech medical services, modernizing and developing traditional medicine, combining traditional medicine with modern medicine.
e) Enhance the management of medicines, vaccines, biological products and medical equipment, ensuring sufficient supply of quantity, quality and safety at reasonable prices to serve the people’s needs. Review and promulgate regulations on procurement, centralized drug purchasing; establish centralized procurement units to organize national-level auctions and price negotiations; promote centralized procurement at local level according to their assigned tasks in Decree No. 63/2014/ND-CP of the Government.
g) Renew training of health workers to meet the required standards and capacity demand of the healthcare system. Renew working style and service attitude of health workers towards raising patients' satisfaction.
h) Review the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals of the United Nations in healthcare. Develop an action plan and specific targets to implement Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations in healthcare.
i) Based on implementation results of the national target program on population and family planning in the past period and current conditions, identify goals and measures for sustainable population development, ensuring the replacement rate and improve population quality.
3. Culture and sports development
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, agencies and localities to:
a) Continue to implement the Resolution No. 102/NQ-CP dated December 31, 2014 issuing the action program of the Government to implement the Resolution No. 33-NQ/TW dated June 9, 2014 of the 9th Plenum of the 11th Party Central Committee on construction and development of Vietnamese culture and people to meet sustainable development requirements of the country, the Resolution No. 23-NQ/TW dated June 16, 2008 of the 5th Plenum of the 8th Party Central Committee on further construction and development of literature and art in the new era. Develop a healthy cultural environment; promote the conservation and promotion of the values of the national culture and cultural heritages recognized as national and international cultural heritages. Implement the target program on cultural development and approved strategies and planning schemes.
b) Develop physical and sports movements to enhance stature and strength of the Vietnamese, focusing on developing synchronously physical and sports education at schools, in the armed forces, at commune-level (communes, wards and towns) serving the needs on practicing, competition and physical development of the people. Continue to implement the Directive No 49-CT/TW dated February 21, 2005 of the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat and the Viet Nam Family Development Strategy.
The Ministries of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs, Health, Home Affairs, the Nationalities Council based on their assigned tasks and functions shall:
a) Implement policies related to ethnic minorities, religion and guarantee the right to religious freedom of the people; policies on gender equality to empower women. Continue to implement tasks and solutions of the National strategy on gender equality in 2011 – 2020 period and the Strategy on ethnic affairs by 2020 (the Decision No. 449/QD-TTg dated March 12, 2013 of the Prime Minister); the Resolution No. 57/NQ-CP dated December 1, 2009 of the Government on the Action plan of the Government by 2020 to implement the Resolution No. 11-NQ/TW dated April 27, 2007 of the Political Bureau on Women’s work in the period of industrialization and modernization of the country. Create powerful shift in awareness, strive to narrow gender gap remarkably; elevate the status of women in some key fields and areas of gender inequality or of high risk on gender inequality; ensure the equality of women in socio-economic activities and family.
b) Promote the roles of the elderly. Focus on youth development, especially the implementation of movements launched and organized by the Central Committee of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union.
c) Strengthen care, education and protection of children's rights. Implement effectively the National action program for children in the period 2012 - 2020; the Program to promote the rights of children to participate in child-related issues in the period 2016 - 2020 as stipulated under the Decision No. 1235/QD-TTg dated August 3, 2015 by the Prime Minister. Step up the inspection and supervision of the implementation of legislation, national policies and international conventions on children's rights.
IV. EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT AND EFFICIENT USE OF RESOURCES, ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION, ACTIVE DISASTER PREVENTION AND RESPONSE TO CLIMATE CHANGE
1. The Ministries of Natural Resources and Environment, Agriculture and Rural Development, Construction, Planning and Investment, and ministries, central agencies, Provincial People's Committees based on their assigned functions and tasks shall:
a) Continue to promote the implementation of Resolution No. 09-NQ/TW dated September 02, 2007 of the 10th Party Central Committee on the Viet Nam’s Sea Strategy 2020, Resolution No. 02-NQ/TW dated April 25, 2011 of the Political Bureau on strategic orientation on minerals and mining industry by 2020 and vision to 2030, Resolution No. 19-NQ/TW dated October 31, 2012 of the 11th Party Central Committee to continue innovation of policies and laws on land, Resolution No. 24-NQ/TW dated June 3, 2013 of the 11th Party Central Committee on active climate change response, enhancement of resource management and environmental protection, and Resolution No. 35/NQ-CP dated March 18, 2013 of the Government on a number of pressing issues in the field of environmental protection.
b) Strengthen the management of exploitation and use of natural resources and minerals; regulate the management and exploitation of sand and gravel. The exploitation of resources, minerals must be carried out through open and transparent auctions. Direct State management agencies and related bodies shall strengthen inspection and supervision during the implementation process, and strictly handle violations.
c) Implement effectively the target programs on sustainable development, green growth, climate change adaptation, and prevention of natural disasters. Develop an action plan to implement the Paris Agreement on climate change agreed at the Conference of the Parties to the Convention of the United Nations Framework on Climate Change (COP21), and submit to the Prime Minister for approval.
d) Accelerate the completion of a unified database system, a synchronized information system on land, maps and modern cadastral records. Promote basic surveys; invest in monitoring systems in order to improve the quality of meteorological forecasting, especially forecasts on storms, floods, and droughts; focus on basic survey of water resources and marine environment.
dd) Implement effectively the Resolution No. 112/2015/QH13 of the National Assembly to strengthen management of land of State-run agro-forestry farms owned by agro-forestry companies, forestry management boards, and exploited by organizations, households and individuals.
e) Closely monitor the weather and natural disasters. Actively direct and implement promptly and effectively mitigation measures against extreme weather which can negatively affect production and threaten the people’s lives and property.
g) Strictly penalize facilities on wasteful use of energy and natural resources, and serious environmental pollution. Strictly control sources of pollution, especially at industrial parks, complexes, villages, river basins and production facilities which are likely to cause severe pollution. Focus on environmental pollution recovery in rural areas. Improve the rate of industrial parks and export processing zones equipped with central waste water treatment system meeting environmental standards.
h) Promote international cooperation, perseverant protection of national interests in sustainable management and use of water resources in the Mekong River and some other river basins.
2. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall lead and coordinate other ministries, central agencies and localities to:
a) Increase the reforestation area, promote restoration of protective forests and coastal mangrove forests. Effectively and sustainably protect, develop and use current available forest and land area planned for forestry development to increase forest coverage to 41%.
b) Strictly manage and effectively use reservoirs, promote water savings, actively develop disaster mitigation plans.
V. ACCELERATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF A MODERN PROFESSIONAL AND DYNAMIC ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEM IN BEST SERVICE OF PEOPLE AND ENTERPRISES
1. Promoting administrative reforms
The Ministry of Home Affairs and other ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Strengthen the implementation of the Overall Program on Public Administration Reform for the period 2011 - 2020; the Public administrative reform plan for the period 2016 - 2020. Focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of public administration and promote administrative reform, especially reform of administrative procedures; improve effectiveness and efficiency of State management, social management, and legal compliance. Determine Public Administrative Reform Index in 2015 of ministries, ministerial-level agencies, provincial People's Committees.
b) Strictly implement legislations on streamlining administrative procedures. Review and abolish unnecessary procedures causing inconvenience to citizens and enterprises. Openly and transparently publish processes and procedures to create the most favorable conditions for the people and enterprises. Strongly innovate the processing of administrative procedures for individuals and organizations towards concentration, direct handling, with strict supervision of competent authorities, coordination and information sharing between relevant agencies and organizations; evaluate the level of satisfaction of the people on officials and staff directly handling administrative procedures. Improve the quality and efficiency of processing administrative procedures through the one-door mechanism as stipulated in Decision No. 09/2015/QD-TTg dated March 25, 2015 of the Prime. Implement the reception of dossiers and return of outcomes through postal services to minimize wrongdoings and harassment, save costs and reduce travel time for the people.
c) Study and streamline the reporting system of public administrative agencies; replicate good models and new ways of administrative reform on a national scale. Promote the application of information technology at public agencies, provide public services; focus on building, expanding and upgrading six national databases essential for e-government development; enhance the application of online auction; establish and deploy an information system for receiving and handling feedbacks and proposals on administrative regulations, and updating administrative procedure progress and results at all levels. Continue implementing effectively the Overall scheme to streamline administrative procedures, citizenship paperwork and database related to population management in the period 2013 – 2020, focus resources on developing a national database on population. Promote the development of e-government in accordance with Resolution No. 36a/NQ-CP dated October 14, 2015 of the Government at ministries, agencies and localities. Publish information on the operation of government agencies online.
d) Organize the implementation of the Law on organization of the [central] Government and the Law on local government organization. Amend Decree No. 08/2012/ND-CP dated February 16, 2012 promulgating the Working Regulation of the Government and Decree No. 36/2012/ND-CP dated April 18, 2012 defining functions, tasks, powers, and organizational structures of ministries and ministerial-level agencies towards enhancing the performance of the Government, cutting overlapping tasks, clearly defining the functions, tasks, and strengthening responsibilities. Establish effective coordination and management mechanisms between ministries and central agencies aligned with current legislation. Rationally decentralize socio-economic management associated with strengthening disciplines and rules in the implementation responsibilities of ministries, agencies and localities.
2. Strengthen duty performance, enhance effectiveness of public administration
Ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Implement Resolution No. 39-NQ/TW dated April 17, 2015 of the Political Bureau on streamlining and restructuring the contingent of public and civil workers; Decree No. 108/2014/ND-CP dated November 20, 2014 on personnel downsizing policy; Decree No. 56/2015/ND-CP dated June 9, 2015 on assessment and classification of public and civil workers; Decision No. 2218/QD-TTg dated December 10, 2015 of the Prime Minister on the Government’s plan to implement the Resolution No. 39-NQ/TW. Closely manage public workforce; not to increase personnel in 2016, including the cases where a new institution is established or new duties assigned. As for education and training where new schools are established, the number of classes and students increase; for health sector, if new institutes are established and the number of beds increase, payroll may be allowed to rise, but this requires strict management in accordance with the law on personnel management.
b) Focus on reviewing, amending and dismissing regulations on the organization, structure and staffing stipulated in the current legal documents applicable for non-public entities. Streamline the administrative apparatus; not to establish intermediary organizations; establish new institutions only in special cases where it is truly needed due to practical requirements.
c) Continue to promote the reform of public duties and civil servants; focus on completing the portfolio of working positions after receiving approval from the competent authorities for deployment; continue to improve the title criteria system for public and civil workers. Issue a criteria framework for leading and managerial titles. Improve the quality of assessing and classifying cadres and civil servants annually as prescribed by law on the basis of task performance, spirit, attitude, managerial role and responsibilities of heads of agencies, organizations and units.
d) Develop and improve the quality of cadres, civil servants and public employees. Review, evaluate and restructure the contingent of cadres and civil servants by ranks, professional titles and training levels consistent with their functions and duties. Enhance training and retraining to improve the quality of cadres and civil servants, especially at commune level.
3. Promote the socialization of public services, innovation of organization and operation of public non-business units
Ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Promptly promulgate autonomy mechanisms and policies in accordance with Decree No. 16/2015/ND-CP dated February 14, 2015 on autonomy of public non-business units, based on which further restructuring, organizing the apparatus, downsizing the payroll , increasing the quality of public services, and ensuring the effective performance of the public non-business units.
b) Implement market mechanisms, study and continue to segregate public services from public administration. Continue autonomy mechanism at public non-business units towards innovating operational mechanism and introducing a roadmap to provide price-based public services. Accelerate the shift from direct State support to public non-business units to the ordering mechanism.
c) Organize the evaluation of assets allocated to public non-business units as regulated by law to strengthen management and exploitation of public resources while mobilizing social resources for co-investment. Strive to fundamentally complete the valuation of assets allocated to eligible public non-business units as regulated by the Government by the end of 2016.
d) Promote socialization of public service provision in health care, education, vocational training, culture, sports, judicial support sectors, etc. towards providing better services to all social strata and ensuring that the poor have access to and can benefit from essential services at higher quality.
dd) Make adjustments on prices of commodities priced by the State towards close linkages to the market rules in order to cover production and trade costs at a reasonable levels and to attract other economic sectors in public service supply.
VI. CREATE FUNDAMENTAL CHANGES IN PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF CORRUPTION, WASTE, AND SETTLEMENT OF COMPLAINTS AND DENUNCIATIONs
1. Drastically implement measures to prevent and fight corruption and waste
The Government Inspectorate, the Ministry of Finance and other ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Continue to improve institutions, policies and mechanisms to ensure the strict, open, transparent and synchronous implementation of solutions to prevent and fight corruption, apply thrift practices and combat waste. Critically organize the review of the 10-year implementation of the Anti-Corruption Law as a practical foundation for the comprehensive revision of the Anti-corruption Law.
b) Diversify means of communication to raise public awareness about prevention and control of corruption. Timely provide appraisals and rewards on good examples; protect corruption whistleblowers. Strictly handle abusive behaviors against corruption to make false accusations.
c) Implement Directive No 33-CT/TW dated January 03, 2014 of the Political Bureau to strengthen the Party’s leadership on the declaration and control of asset declaration, Directive No. 50-CT/TW dated December 7, 2015 of the Political Bureau on strengthening the Party's leadership on the detection and handling of corruption cases. Strictly implement regulations on corruption prevention, especially on asset and income declaration and control. Enhance education on quality, ethics and public duties. Uphold responsibilities of leadership in the fight against corruption and waste. Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of inspection, auditing, supervision, investigation, prosecution and trial in detection and handling corruption, and recovery of corrupted assets. Focus on detecting and strictly handling corruption, especially in anti-corruption agencies and units, law enforcement agencies; negative behaviors and harassments detected through inspection.
d) Strengthen inspection and monitoring of the implementation of regulations on thrift practice and waste combat in all sectors, agencies and units.
e) Well implement monitoring mechanisms, and social criticism mechanisms of socio-political organizations and mass organizations in the formation and implementation of guidelines and policies. Uphold the sense of responsibility, the roles of news agencies, and the whole society in prevention and control of corruption and waste.
e) Promote international anti-corruption cooperation; actively implement the UN Convention against corruption in line with practical conditions of Viet Nam.
2. Improve the efficiency of reception and settlement of complaints and denunciations
The ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
a) Acutely implement Directive No 35-CT/TW dated May 26, 2014 of the Political Bureau, Resolution No. 39/2012/QH13 dated November 23, 2012 of the National Assembly and other directions of the Government and the Prime Minister on the reception of citizens, settlement of complaints and denunciations; enhance the effectiveness of the reception and settlement of complaints and denunciations to ensure security and order.
b) Heads of public administrative agencies shall strictly implement the reception of citizens regularly or irregularly; timely resolve complaints and denunciations under their authority; strengthen inspection of complaint and denunciation settlement and enforcement of related conclusions; focus on reviewing and completely handling cases which are complicated, prolonged and involving many people; focus on communication and dissemination of law and regulations on citizen reception and settlement of complaints and denunciations at provincial level.
c) Implement effectively the Civil Code (revised), Criminal Code (revised) and Law on Administrative Litigation (revised). Court is not allowed to reject the settlement of civil cases in the absence of applicable regulations.
VII. STRENGTHEN NATIONAL DEFENSE AND SECURITY, MAINTAIN NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY, TERRITORIAL INTEGRITY AND ENSURE POLITICAL SECURITY, SOCIAL ORDER AND SAFETY
1. The Ministries of Defense, Public Security, Foreign Affairs and other ministries, agencies and localities based their assigned functions and tasks shall:
a) Effectively implement the Strategy on national defense in the new context, the Resolution No. 28-NQ/TW dated September 22, 2008 of the Political Bureau (tenure 10th) to further develop central provinces and cities as strong defensive areas in the new conditions, the Decree No. 152/2007/ND-CP dated October 10, 2007 of the Government on the development of defensive areas, the Directive No. 46-CT/TW of the Political Bureau (tenure 10th) to strengthen the Party’s leadership in maintaining security and order in the new conditions. Closely monitor domestic and overseas situations, incorporate national defense, security and foreign policy to actively deal with all situations, firmly safeguard the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity, and maintain socio-political stability and peaceful environment for national development and protection. Review and mull over amendments to the Law on National Defense to align with the new conditions.
b) Strengthen defense and security capacity. Develop the formal, well-trained People's Revolutionary Armed Forces and People’s Police, and gradually modernize, prioritize to modernize some army troops and forces. Improve the operational efficiency of law enforcement forces at sea.
c) Ensure absolute safety of the 12th National Party Congress and the election of the 14th National Assembly and People’s Councils at all levels for the tenure 2016-2021 and important political and social events of the country.
d) Actively have right solutions to protect offshore petroleum activities. Ensure logistics and technical support to key tasks and task forces protecting maritime sovereignty.
dd) Improve the quality and effectiveness of prevention and control of law violations, control and reduce crimes, especially serious crimes, particularly serious crimes, drug-related crimes, etc to create a visible changes in social order, develop a safe and healthy society. Prevent the formation of illegal organizations against the country. Enhance the protection of State secrets and Internet safety and security. Strengthen the prevention of terrorism; consolidate steering committees on anto-terrorism from central to local levels. Develop and implement the Scheme on police mission serving international integration.
e) Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of State management to prevent fires and explosions. Well prepare forces and means for disaster prevention and recovery, rescue and salvage.
g) Promote cooperation and take advantage of the support of the international community to maintain and protect peace and national sovereignty. Join appropriate peacekeeping operations of the United Nations.
2. Ministries, agencies and localities based on their assigned functions and tasks shall:
a) Continue to develop the all-people defense posture associated with a solid people security posture across the country, especially in key areas. Deploy the Scheme to guarantee local defense in strategic areas. Focus on effectively handling urgent social problems.
b) Incorporate socio-economic development with national defense and security. Support sustainable socio-economic development in border and island areas.
c) Strengthen management and communication to guide fishermen not to fish on the fishing grounds encroaching upon the sovereignty of other countries.
3. Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Public Security shall coordinate with relevant agencies and localities to:
a) Continue synchronous measures to ensure traffic safety and order, reduce traffic accidents, and overcome traffic jams in big cities, especially during Tet and holidays.
b) Continue tightening transportation management and vehicle load control to put an end to overloaded vehicles. Strengthen inspection and strictly handle violations of traffic regulations. Step up the inspection and supervision of compliance of regulations on civil aviation safety.
4. The Ministry of Justice shall coordinate with ministries, central agencies and localities to:
a) Implement effectively the Criminal Code (revised) and the Resolution of the National Assembly on the implementation of this Code.
b) Review regulations on handling of administrative violations for necessary amendments or submit to competent authorities for amendment, supplement or replacement; focus on monitoring, supervision and inspection of the implementation of regulations on administrative sanctions; develop a national database on administrative violation handlings.
c) Improve enforcement quality and effectiveness of civil administrative judgments; focus on enforcement of civil judgments relating to credit and banking activities. Prepare necessary conditions and organize the implementation of bailiffs at provinces and cities; mull over the development of the Bailiff Law.
5. The Ministry of Labor-Invalids and Social Affairs shall lead and coordinate with central and local agencies to continue bringing drug addicts who do not have a permanent residence to compulsory rehabitation centers as stipulated under the Resolution No. 77/2014/QH13 dated November 10, 2014 of the National Assembly until relevant amended and supplemented laws take effect.
VIII. IMPROVE THE EFFICIENCY OF DIPLOMATIC WORK, MAINTAIN PEACEFULL AND STABLE ENVIRONMENT AND CREATE FAVORABLE CONDITIONS FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall lead and coordinate with other ministries, central agencies and localities according to their assigned tasks and functions to:
a) Strictly follow the diplomatic orientation of the 12th National Party Congress to conserve the environment of peace and stability, maximize advantage of external resources for national development; firmly safeguard the independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of the country; improve the country's prestige and position. Consistently implement diplomatic policy of independence, self-reliance, peace, friendship, cooperation and development, multilateralization and diversification of relations, proactive integration and international cooperation on the principles of respecting for independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity, non-interference in each other's internal affairs, equality and mutual benefits.
b) Continue to promote the work of demarcation of land border; persistently promote settlement of sea-related issues on the bassis of the fundamental principles of international law, the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea; work together with ASEAN countries to promote the full implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC) and rapidly develop a Code of Conduct in the East Sea (COC). Continue to enlist the support of the international community in protecting territorial sovereignty, sea and islands. Persistently combat against activities and conspiraceies aimed to interfere in internal affairs of the country.
c) Promote and coordinate closely diplomatic activities of the Party, the State and the people; coordinate foreign affairs and national security and defense; continue to enhance substance, effectiveness and depth of relationships; strengthen the development of friendly relations and cooperation with neighboring countries, major partners, and key partners. Promote multilateral diplomacy through active and positive contribution to developing and shaping association and cooperation frameworks serving effectively the security and development goals of the country. Continue to actively and responsibly participate in developing a strong ASEAN Community; prepare to well-organize the APEC in 2017; promote the role and position of Viet Nam in multilateral forum such as the WTO, ASEM, the Greater Mekong Sub-region, etc.
d) Beef up economic diplomacy, provide practical support to localities, enterprises in economic and trade promotion activities. Continue mobilizing partners to recognize Viet Nam’s market economy status. Promote political and diplomatic advocacy to facilitate the signing and ratification of bilateral and regional free trade agreements. Strengthen and improve the quality of diplomatic information; continue the effective implementation of cultural diplomacy; effectively conduct overseas Vietnamese work and the protection of citizens, legitimate rights and interests of individuals and organizations in Viet Nam.
dd) Continue effective implementation of the Party and the State’s guidelines on international integration, including the Resolution No. 22-NQ/TW dated April 10, 2013 of the Political Bureau on international integration, the Overall strategy on international integration by 2020 and vision to 2030, the Resolution No. 1052/NQ-UBTVQH13 dated October 24, 2015 of the National Assembly Standing Committee on some orientation, tasks and solutions to boost international economic integration.
2. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to conduct procedures as prescribed by the National Assembly for approval and development of specific action plans to implement the 17 objectives and 169 specific targets in the document "Converting our world: Agenda 2030 for sustainable development" of the United Nations.
3. The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall lead and coordinate with ministries, central agencies and localities to focus on improving awareness in the political system, local business community and the whole society of the ASEAN Community, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and other free trade agreements, especially the opportunities, challenges, interests and obligations in agreements, arrangements, market information, conditions for tariff preferences, mechanisms for trade dispute settlement, etc.
4. Ministries, central agencies and localities based on their assigned functions and tasks shall:
a) Actively have specific measures to implement and prepare for the effective implementation of commitments on international integration, especially in the frameworks of the ASEAN Community, free trade agreements, and the Transpacific Partnership.
b) Implement policy measures to promote and take advantage of growth opportunities and limit negative side effects of integration, especially market issues, domestic, regional and global competitiveness.
IX. STRENGTHEN INFORMATION COMMUNICATION
1. The Ministry of Information and Communications shall:
a) Strengthen the State management on information communication. Focus on implementing the Laws on: Publication (revised), Internet Information Security, Radio Frequencies, Telecommunications, Postal, and Journalism (after approved by the National Assembly) and projects on: Planning and developing a national press by 2025, Planning on radio and television broadcasting by 2020, Planning on development of information systems and communication at border areas, sea and islands of Viet Nam by 2020, the Decree No. 72/2015/ND-CP dated September 7, 2015 of the Government on management of external communication activities. Accelerate the development and promulgation of specialized legal document system within their authority. Direct news agencies, the press, broadcasting, television and grass-roots information systems to promote the dissemination of the guidelines of the Party, policies and laws of the State as well as political, economic, cultural and social events of the country in 2016.
b) Strengthen online information management, promote and ensure the safety and security of information in the new situation. Strengthen the management and implementation of inspection, examination and strictly handling of violations, especially the pressing issues such as management of pre-paid mobile subscription, spam messages, illegal printing of publications, etc. Comprehensively improve the quality of publication activities, especially editing, review and rectification of publishing process.
2. The Ministry of Justice shall lead and coordinate with the Law Commission of the National Assembly, ministries, and central agencies to urgently revise and finalize the draft Law on information access to submit to the National Assembly for approval.
3. Ministries, central agencies and localities shall:
Continue to focus on promoting timely communication and dissemination of guidelines, policies, leadership and executive management of the Party and the State; communicate on events of national and global importance, commitments on international integration; border, sea and islands protection in accordance with domestic and international law. Timely combat and respond to false and distorted information. Proactively provide information on socio-economic status, the guidelines of the Party, policies and laws of the State and issues of public concerns in order to create social consensus.
ORGANIZATION OF IMPLEMENTATION
1. Based on this Resolution and relevant resolutions of the Party, the National Assembly, provinces, provincial People’s Councils as well as their assigned tasks and functions, Ministers, heads of Ministerial-level agencies, Government bodies, and Chairmen of People's Committees of provinces and centrally-governed cities shall:
a) Prior to January 20, 2016 issue a specific action program/plan with clear objectives, tasks, progress, leading units; incorporate in the work program of the Government, ministries, agencies and localities in order to implement this Resolution; submit to the Ministry of Planning and Investment to report to the Government at the regular government meeting in January, 2016.
b) Focus on and actively direct and manage the effective implementation of the tasks and measures outlined in this Resolution, guidelines and policies of the Party, the National Assembly, the Government and hold accountability to the Government and the Prime Minister on the implementation of this Resolution in areas and fields by functions and tasks assigned.
c) Strengthen coordination with ministries, central agencies and localities; closely coordinate with agencies of the Party, the State, the Viet Nam Fatherland Front and mass organizations to successfully implement the goals and tasks set out in this Resolution.
d) Regularly inspect and monitor the progress and results of the program, the action plan set out; organize monthly meetings to review the implementation progress of this Resolution, proactively address issues within authority or report to competent authorities for promptly settlement of arising issues.
dd) Review and report the implementation progress of this Resolution monthly, quarterly, to the Ministry of Planning and Investment before the 20th of each month and the last month of the quarter to aggregate and report to the Government at monthly meetings.
2. The Ministries of Planning and Investment, Finance, Industry and Trade and the State Bank of Viet Nam based on their assigned functions and tasks shall continue close and effective cooperation in proposing specific solutions and measures on macroeconomic management; provide timely report to the Government, the Prime Minister as prescribed.
3. The Ministry of Information and Communications and news agencies shall coordinate with the Central Commission for Education and Propagation and ministries, central agencies and localities to widely disseminate this Resolution.
4. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, Government bodies, provincial and centrally-governed People’s Committees shall review and evaluate the implementation of this Resolution within their assigned functions and tasks and put forwards regulatory solutions for the next year, then report to the Prime Minister, and send to the Ministry of Planning and Investment before November 25, 2016. The Ministry of Planning and Investment is responsible for summarizing and reporting to the Government at the Cabinet’s regular meeting in December 2016.
5. The Government asks agencies under the National Assembly and local-level People’s Councils to enhance supervision over the implementation of tasks of the Government, Ministries, central agencies, provincial and centrally-governed People’s Committees enshrined in this Resolution.
6. The Government requests the Viet Nam Fatherland Front, central committees of mass organizations to mobilize their members and people from all walks of life to promote the people’s right to mastery in all areas to create social consensus and strengthen the national solidarity block for the implementation of socio-economic development tasks set for 2016./.
Nguyễn Tấn Dũng
Major tasks and solutions guiding implementation of 2016 Socio-economic development plan