VNGOVNet – In the morning of November 16, at the National Convention Center, PM Nguyễn Tấn Dũng witnessed the signing ceremony of some investment cooperation projects between big industrial groups of the APEC member economies and Vietnamese counterparts.
Signing ceremony – Photo: Đức Tám
The followings are some prominent projects:
1. The agreement between the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) and American Chamber of Commerce on strengthening and supporting business communities and developing Vietnam-US trade ties;
2. BOT (Build, Operate, Transfer) project worth US$1.4 billion for the Mông Dương 2 Thermoelectric Plant between the Vietnam Coal and Minerals Industries Group and the US AES Transpower Group. Under the contract, the AES will contribute 90% of the total capital and the remainder comes from Vietnam;
3. The project on establishing a tourist resort and a golf course between the King Valley Co. Ltd and the Hanwha (Republic of Korea) has a value of US$150 million;
4. The US$100 million agreement on upgrading Cái Lân Port signed between the Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry (VINASHIN) and SSA Marine;
5. The project on establishing a joint venture between the Saigon Invest Group and V.S. Industry Berhad (Malaysia) and V.S International Group Ltd. (Hong Kong) is valued at US$200 million. The joint venture will be specialized in building high-tech electronics plants, urban areas, trade centers and producing automobiles;
6. The US$15 million contract to build the Sun Spa Resort between Trường Thịnh Co. Ltd from Quảng Bình Province and the US NRG Company;
7. The US$125 million contract to distribute products for motor engines VTV 24-7 signed between Trường Thịnh Co. Ltd and the US NRG Group;
8. The co-operation agreement between Microsoft Vietnam and the Vietnam Data Communication Company (VDC) and the Vietnam Joint-stock Company IP concerning the project on the Vietnam MSN Electronic Information Gateway.
Vietnamese Minister of Finance Vũ Văn Ninh also granted business license for ACE and Liberty Mutual Groups to provide non-life insurance services.